You’re a woman, with your unique body, genetic make-up, and anatomy. Does this mean that you can’t do what men can do? No. But, it does mean that your body deserves supplements and nutrients that will enhance your life, health, and even exercise.
Why Are There Women Specific Supplements?
Differing from the idea that girls wear pink and boys wear blue, the creation of women-specific supplements isn’t due to some kind of gender inequality but rather due to the fact that women’s bodies deserve ingredients that can enhance their efforts.
For example, women have more estrogen and less testosterone for the most part . They need their bone density at its optimal level and have higher levels of fat on their bodies than men do. Because female bodies differ from men’s, a supplement that is designed with optimizing a woman’s body and needs is one that should be considered beneficial.
From helping you to gain muscle to keeping your hormone balance at an even level, there are many reasons why women supplements are ideal for you.
What Kind Of Supplements Should You Take?
There are plenty of options that you can take for your body to optimize your efforts, and the truth is that you should take quite a few of them. While you may eat a healthy diet, it can be difficult to get all the nutrients you need in your busy life.
Take protein powder, for example. It’s hard to get enough protein in your daily meals if you’re busy with your career or running after the children.
Taking a quick smoothie in the morning or evening with a high amount of protein, whether it’s made from pea, egg, casein, or whey (for example), can go far in helping you achieve your fitness goals. Your body needs protein to gain muscle , so don’t leave it out of your diet.
Pre-Workout Supplements? Yes!
Another option that you should be taking, especially for high-intensity workouts or on the days that you don’t feel up to exercising, is pre-workout supplements. Pre-workout supplements provide your body with a big energy boost that can ensure you maximize your efforts at the gym or otherwise.
Look for supplements with the following ingredients:
- Creatine: Like amino acids, creatine is good for your muscles and good for energy in a workout. You want it if you want to see results quicker and have more effective workouts .
- Beta-Alanine: Good for pre or post-workout, Beta-Alanine is great for endurance and muscle gains. It’s commonly found in pre-workout supplements, and for a good reason—it does a lot of good for you .
- L-Citrulline: Ideal for your blood flow and immune system; this ingredient helps your body to function properly. A well-functioning body is going to be easier to work with to build your muscles and get fit .
For some detailed recommendation click here.
What Else Should You Consider?
Other than your pre-workout supplements, you could consider the following options as well. Remember, as a woman, your body works differently than the male body, meaning that you may want to try things differently than they do. Here are some top options to consider:
- Fat burners: Women’s bodies are designed to carry human life, and as such, we often have more stubborn fat than our male counterparts. While a man who is carrying a few extra pounds may get to the gym and work off the chub with no aids, sometimes we need some supplements with a few good ingredients to aid us. Capsaicin, caffeine, and green coffee extract are just a few of these top helpers. There’s no shame in that.
- Women’s vitamins: Staying healthy is a big reason why you stay fit. A sickly body will have a more difficult time making it through workouts and won’t function as well as it can to reap results from all of your efforts. That’s why you should consider taking women’s multivitamins that combine all the essentials like B, C, D, A, folate, calcium, and more.
- Post-workout supplements: Help your body out with muscle recovery and refueling by giving it what it needs to function well. By giving it BCAAs and amino acids, you can be sure that it will feel better and your exercise efforts will be enhanced.
Can Women Take Supplements Designed For Men?
While women should consider taking female-specific options that have been formulated with the female body in mind, that doesn’t mean that they can’t take options that men can take too. From creatine to protein powder, pre-workout supplements for men and women, and normal vitamins for anyone, there are many options out there that won’t do you any harm to take.
You may want to read the labels of any of the supplements you may be considering, as some options may be specifically designed for men. An option that enhances testosterone, for example, may not be what you’re looking for. Otherwise, most choices are safe for your use as well.
The following are a few of the top options on the market for different uses. All of them can help enhance your efforts so that you get the results you’re looking for:
- Anavite Powder by Gaspari Nutrition: A multivitamin powder that has it all. You can use it before your workout or simply take it to ensure that you get your daily dosage of healthy goodness.
- Hyper Amino: A BCAA packed post-workout supplement that ensures you get all the amino acids your body needs to recover from your workout.
As a woman, the best thing about taking female-friendly options is that you can be sure that you’re getting everything that your body needs to function well. From multivitamin powders you can drink with water to protein powders that taste good in smoothies, there are many supplements to consider. Take them all or only take a few, the point is that you will optimize your health when you choose to take supplements to enhance them.