I know what most people think when it comes to an unflavored supplement. How the hell are you going to get that disgusting stuff down?
However, there’s a few very good reasons that you want one of these products. Firstly, it’s the best way to get something that is sugar-free and unsweetened at the same time. Basically, no chemicals that might do you harm.
The other reason is that it’s a great way to add protein to your meals or other drinks and snacks without impacting the flavors.
However, the problem as usual is that there aren’t as many of these supplements available and many of them are not that great to start with.
So, by having the team here test out about 18 different products we’ve managed to come up with a list of 5 products that are excellent.
Our Top 5 Best Unflavored Protein Powder Recommendations
| #1 - NAKED WHEY || Natural and Transparent Option||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - BulkSupplements Clean & Pure Unflavored || Great for Burning Fat||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - Isopure Zero Carb Protein Powder || Low Fat Option||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 5 Best Unflavored Protein Powder Recommendations
- 2 Why Unflavored Is Important To Some People
- 3 Conclusion
If you’re looking for a plain and tasteless powder to add to any kind of shake or food you may be preparing but want to make sure it’s full of the right nutrients, the Naked Whey may be an ideal option for you.
With zero additives, gluten free and soy free, as well as made without hormones, this is a healthy grass-fed whey protein that you can trust. Full of amino acids that your body needs, this clean protein could be the best thing you put in your body today.
With 25g of protein, you can be sure that you’re getting plenty and only 2g of sugar and 3g of carbs, so you don’t have to worry about gaining weight when you add this to your daily meals. The fact that it’s tasteless means that you can add it to almost anything. While not the cheapest option available on the market, it’s one that you can trust.
- It doesn’t have a nasty aftertaste like some options, so you can add it to almost anything that you want.
- It has a smooth texture that is easy to blend and drink, so you don’t have to stress about what to mix it with.
- It’s full of good, clean protein, so you can be sure you’re providing your body with the right nutrients for your fitness goals.
- The tub is very big, so you won’t run out of product, any time soon.
- It doesn’t contain harmful or unhealthy ingredients, which is what most people are looking for.
- Some people may not like the “flavor” and would prefer this powder with some type of flavor.
- It does tend to make some people get flatulence, so consider this before purchasing.
Whey isolate with 90% protein is certainly going to help with muscle building. Packed with amino acids, you can be sure that this BulkSupplements powder will help you to build muscle quickly and effectively. Also beneficial for repairing muscle tissue, you can be sure that this is a healthy option that will benefit your workout efforts.
With a texture that is easy to blend, this clean powder can be added to almost any kind of food or drink you want to prepare—especially because it is unflavored. While the texture is somewhat milky, it’s easy to mix and won’t be a challenge to drink.
On the downside, the price is a bit much for the amount of powder offered, which could be an issue for some people who hope to spend less for decent quality.
The taste is somewhat bitter, but when you mix it with ingredients that you like, it’s not bad.
- It’s easy to mix, which is always a good thing when it comes to protein powders.
- It has a lot of protein, so you can be sure that you’re getting the amount you need in your pre or post workout shake.
- It’s very clean, so you don’t have to worry about drinking unhealthy ingredients in your protein shake.
- It is low-calorie, making it ideal for those who want to bulk up without gaining fatty weight.
- It’s easy to use in a variety of recipes, so you can be sure to get your protein intake, no matter what.
- The zip-lock style bag doesn’t work very well, so you may want to consider using another container to store it.
- It’s quite pricey for the amount of product that it offers.
The presentation and price are perfect for those who are looking to try new powders without making the complete jump by buying a full tub. This way, you can experiment with the quality and texture of the Isopure protein powder.
You can easily add this unflavored powder to anything that you want, whether it be a breakfast cereal or beverage.
With whey protein isolate and soy lecithin, you get two ingredients that make it a creamy and easy to drink texture while getting 25g of protein per serving. Unlike some other protein powders, this option doesn’t contain any carbs or sugar, so you can be sure that you’re getting a clean option for your workouts and you won’t have to worry about weight gain.
Best of all, you get a decent amount of product for a highly affordable price, so if you want to save money while still using a high-quality protein powder, this could be a great option for you.
- It is flavorless, so it’s easy to add to any kind of meal or smoothies you like to eat or drink.
- It’s priced fairly, so you don’t have to worry about overspending for a quality powder.
- It’s ideal for those who are lactose intolerant, as it won’t make you feel sick.
- It mixes into shakes quite effortlessly, making it a favorite option for many.
- It’s a low-calorie option, so you don’t have to worry about weight gain with it.
- It has an odd smell that can be off-putting in your drinks or food.
- It doesn’t blend well in coffee, so if you need powder to drink with your coffee, look elsewhere.
If you’re hoping to get your protein in for a healthy diet and for your muscle growth but are a vegan, it can be challenging to find the right powders for you. Fortunately, there are options like PlantFusion Complete, which is full of nutrients but no meat-based ingredients.
Made without dairy, soy, whey, rice, eggs, and nuts you can rest assured that not only is it vegan-friendly, it’s ideal for those with food allergies. With 21g of plant-based protein, you’re still getting a good amount of protein, without any of the “bad stuff.”
While it has a foamy texture that doesn’t blend well, its tasteless flavor does make it easy for you to add it to whatever you want to mix it with—from baked goods to shakes. It does have a sweet aftertaste, so be aware of this if you try to avoid products with Stevia in them.
- It’s not rough on your stomach, making it an ideal option for many.
- It is free of a variety of ingredients that many people are allergic to, making it a favorite for those who want to avoid things like gluten, lactose, or soy.
- It doesn’t cause bloating like many protein powders, which makes it ideal for those who want to avoid negative side effects associated with protein powders.
- It’s low-fat, so you don’t have to be worried about weight gain when drinking it daily.
- It’s made from healthy plant-based protein, so you can be sure to get vegan-friendly nutrients from your powder.
- It has a bit of an after-taste but this could be remedied with additional ingredients in your smoothie.
- Its texture is a bit challenging to blend but not impossible.
With 20 grams of pure collagen peptide protein powder, this is a healthy option for you. It not only provides you with a clean source of protein, but also one that is good for more than just your workout needs. It can help your hair and nails to grow, which is a “side effect” most people won’t mind.
Rich in Glycine, it’s also good for your gut health, and because it’s hydrolyzed, you can be sure to absorb it quickly and effectively. Free of sweeteners, colors, soy, gluten, corn or fillers, you can be sure that you’ll be consuming a natural and healthy powder.
Because it doesn’t have a specific flavor, it’s easy to eat or drink it however you like. From adding it to your favorite protein muffins or drinking it with your morning shake, you can get all the good stuff from it without worrying how to eat it. Zero cholesterol and healthy ingredients make it a favorite for many.
While it isn’t the cheapest option on the market, it offers plenty of product for a decent price.
- It is full of protein, as well as nutrients that are good for your overall health.
- It offers a fair amount of product, so you won’t run out quickly.
- It’s low in calories, making it ideal for those with weight loss goals.
- It isn’t full of unhealthy fillers, making it a perfect option for those who like their powders “a la natural.”
- It mixes well and can be added to coffee or any other liquid you may like.
- It’s not the cheapest option on the market, if you’re looking for protein powder on a budget.
- Some people don’t like the aftertaste, even if it is unflavored.
Why Unflavored Is Important To Some People
If you’re someone who has a hard time eating or drinking healthy foods or liquids as it is, you may be wondering why anyone would want to have protein powder without flavors. Granted, there are many options why people do enjoy the taste of chocolate, cookies and cream, strawberry, etc., but there are also reasons why unflavored is better for some people.
Here are some reasons why people use unflavored protein powders:
- It’s easy to add to anything. You can add it to your favorite healthy baked goods and you won’t have to be concerned with flavors clashing with the rest of your ingredients. Adding flavored powder to coffee may ruin your morning coffee, while unflavored is easy to blend in without you even noticing the difference.
- Many times, unflavored protein powders lack the carbs often found in flavored ones, thanks to the lack of extra sugar. This means that you can be sure to have a cleaner protein shake without all the extra ingredients often found in flavored powders.
- You avoid getting a protein powder that is just too sweet. Not everyone has a sweet tooth and for those who don’t, flavored powders tend to be too sweet. In an effort to mask the ingredients that are not so tasty, many powder manufacturers add way too much sweetener to their powders, which in turn makes it hard for many to drink the powder in their smoothies.
- Many flavored protein powders have ingredients that can be harmful. From gluten to lactose, some flavored powders are rich in ingredients that some individuals may have allergies to. Many people with allergies prefer going for unflavored options that are soy, gluten, dairy, and chemical free.
If you’re someone who likes to have versatility in how you use your protein powder or you don’t like sugar, you may want to consider unflavored powders. It makes it easier for you to drink your protein powder without having to worry about side effects. If you’re tired of hitting and missing with flavored powders, give unflavored options a try.
What are you looking for in your protein powder? If you like the idea of preparing your favorite foods while adding a powerful and healthy ingredient like protein powder, unflavored products are the way to go. You can be sure to get clean ingredients from most unflavored powders, and the above options are enough to get you started on the right path. Do you like any of the products mentioned on our list? Do you have a favorite protein powder you like to use? From the Isopure to Naked Whey, these 5 recommendations are healthy, easy to use, and good for not only your protein needs, but some of them are even good for your skin.