A miracle potion or a magical pill—that’s what fat loss pills are often considered. For the person who may have a hard time sticking to diets or keeping up with the gym, these fat loss pills may seem like the bees-knees for many.
There are many claims floating around with these pills, and as much as the manufacturers may want you to believe that they are perfect for you and your body, research is highly suggested so that you avoid ending up in a pickle with side effects and dangers of fat burner pills or supplements.
While there are some that are helpful and made from natural ingredients, there are others that have no business being on the market.
What Are Fat Burner Supplements?
There is an abundance of supplements on the market nowadays. There are protein supplements to aid those who need more protein in their diet, there are others that take nutrient supplements rich in vitamins, and then there are those that are considered the most popular—weight loss supplements.
Fat burner supplements will be made up of a number of ingredients all intended to help you through a few different ways, such as curbing your appetite, burning calories, or providing you with an energy boost.
How Do They Work?
How do fat burning supplements work? After all, they aren’t magic. What is it that makes them do what you want them to do? How do you lose weight using fat loss supplements? Here are a few ways they can help:
- They help to suppress your appetite. If you often binge eat or find that you don’t fill up easily, and thus end up overeating, taking weight loss supplements can help you to curb your cravings so that you eat less, which can contribute to weight loss.
- If you’re taking weight loss supplements with green tea or flaxseed, your body’s fat production can be slowed down, thanks to these helpful supplements.
- You may want your metabolism to be sped up, so if you choose fat burner supplements with caffeine or guarana, this could help you to do just that.
- They can help your body to avoid absorbing fat.
Of course, all of this is true when you’re also doing your best to lose weight and take care of your body. Eating loads of junk food on a daily basis and not moving your body isn’t going to make these supplements miraculously take off your body fat. There are many different forms and methods for fat loss pills. But, are there dangers to taking these supplements?
What Are The Dangers?
Of course, there are going to be some issues with taking just any fat loss supplements. As much as a manufacturer may claim that their product is entirely safe, you’ll want to consider the following information:
- They can increase your heart rate.
- They may lead to high blood pressure.
- You could start dealing with insomnia when you start taking fat loss supplements.
- Kidney and liver issues have been associated with using weight loss pills.
- Diarrhea and rectal bleeding have been known to be side effects of some of these pills and supplements.
- Allergic reactions can happen, especially when a product doesn’t specify all of the ingredients used.
How do these things happen?
Much of the time, these dangers can be caused by products that are definitely too dodgy to be using. It can be hard to find the right fat burning supplements as there are many that have no place being on the market.
The following ingredients and products are ones that you want to watch out for in your search for the best product. Take a look:
- Ephedra: Once upon a time, many a weight loss product had ephedra in it. Fortunately, this Chinese stimulant was banned because it was proven that it increases people’s risks for heart attacks and strokes. If you ask me, these are not side effects that you would want to have to deal with simply to lose some weight. While it is banned, be careful when shopping for your fat loss supplements, as some dodgy ones may still have it.
- Hydroxycut: As mentioned above, kidney and liver issues have been known to happen from using fat loss supplements. This is especially true with hydroxy cut products. They have been known to cause adverse reactions in people, serious issues requiring liver transplants, and even death in one instance. Just say no to the Hydroxy cut weight loss pills.
- Fen-Phen: This drug was recalled due to the fact that it was shown to lead to heart damage and lung issues. One of the ingredients (Fenfluramine) was recalled and isn’t used anymore, but Phentermine still is. Be aware that you should not take pills with this ingredient unless prescribed by your doctor.
- Meridia: Associated with heart damage and cardiovascular issues, this drug was taken off the market. No one wants to be selling something that was proven to be harmful to one’s heart health. Losing weight this way just isn’t worth it, and fortunately, this pill is no longer available.
These are just a few of the ingredients and drugs that cause serious damage and harm. While most of them are no longer available, some dodgy companies still make products with less-than-desirable ingredients. FDA approved options are always best but also pay attention to the list of tainted-weight-loss products, so you have an idea of what not to use for weight loss.
Can You Use Fat Burner Supplements?
While there are issues associated with taking some fat burners and weight loss pills, there are some all-natural options that will allow you to lose weight effectively and safely. When used in conjunction with exercise and healthy eating, they can be helpful in you reaching your weight-loss goals.
Look for options made from all-natural ingredients with transparent labels and before purchase, always do your research. If you have any health issues or are on medication, consider checking in with your doctor first to avoid any adverse reactions.
Commit to a healthy diet and exercise plan before purchase so that when you get the supplement, you’re able to gain the best results from them. Stay safe by avoiding dodgy products or options that contain any ingredients that you’re unsure of.