As a volleyball player, you get to enjoy a sport that is as fun as it is challenging. Whether you play on a court or enjoy beach volleyball, it truly is a great sport that many people love. With that being said, it can also be a painful one, especially when playing on hard surfaces.
Who hasn’t jumped to hit a low ball, only to scrape up their knees? This is why you’ll want to make sure to have the proper gear and not just any gear. You want the best volleyball knee pads that you can find.
It doesn’t matter if you play professionally, on a local team, or with friends—you should always have your knees protected. Our knees can be injured more easily than we think, and it’s important to ensure their safety.
You want to play your favorite sport for as long as you have good health, right? Try to do your part by keeping your body protected with the proper gear. It will matter when you find yourself falling after saving that ball.
As you look for the best professional volleyball knee pads or options for leisurely games, you want to look for quality and durability. The following reviews will give you an idea of what’s available on the market and features that you should look for.
Our Top 10 Best Volleyball Knee Pads Recommendations
There may be other options that are just as amazing, but the following products will help you get started in your search. From women’s volleyball knee pads to men’s volleyball knee pads, there is something for everyone. Take a look and see if you can find the perfect option for your style and needs.
| #1 - Mizuno LR6 Volleyball Kneepad || Great Anti-Roll Design||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - ASICS Ace Low Profile || Lightweight Design||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - Nike Essentials || Classy, Traditional Design||4.5 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 10 Best Volleyball Knee Pads Recommendations
- 1.1 1. Mizuno LR6 Volleyball Kneepad: Great Anti-Roll Design
- 1.2 2. ASICS Ace Low Profile: Lightweight Design
- 1.3 3. Nike Essentials: Classy, Traditional Design
- 1.4 4. adidas Women’s Volleyball Elite Knee Pad
- 1.5 5. Mikasa Youth Volleyball: Cheap And Effective
- 1.6 6. Luwint Volleyball Knee Pads: Excellent Padding
- 1.7 7. VolleyCountry Knee Pads: Unique Thermal Stabilizer
- 1.8 8. Under Armour Youth: Inexpensive With Moisture-Wicking
- 1.9 9. Tachikara TK Smash: Simple Yet Helpful
- 1.10 10. C.J. Slip-Proof Knee Sleeves: Unique Style And Design
- 2 Common Volleyball Injuries
- 3 What Features You Need To Focus On
- 4 FAQ
- 5 Conclusion
The Mizuno LR6 has a D.F CUT, which allows you to freely move around without sacrificing protection. With Mizuno VS-1 padding, it’s conveniently designed to provide protection in the area of your knee that is a high impact zone. The kneepad provides lateral, medial, and patella protection to ensure your safety as you play.
With 6” sleeve length, the Mizuno should fit most players comfortably. Made from a polyester, cotton, and spandex blend, it’s relatively comfortable to use without being too hot for use in summer months.
Unlike some volleyball kneepad options, you can easily move around and transition with the Mizuno on, which is always a must for competitive players.
They also stay put, which is a big deal, as some options tend to slip and move around during intense games. While they are available in different colors, most choose darker colors to keep them cleaner for longer periods of time.
- They stay put and don’t roll, which is a very attractive feature for intense players
- They offer good coverage for your entire knee, which is very important for any player
- They have reliable padding that doesn’t get in the way but does what it’s meant to
- They can be washed without losing shape, so you can keep them smelling and looking great for every game
- They are comfortable to wear and don’t sacrifice movement for protection
- They aren’t as long as some other options, which could matter for some players
- The sizing runs small, so you’ll want to make sure to pay attention to measurements before purchase
As with most ASICS products, these pads have are attractive and stylishly designed. Yet, their benefits go further than looks. The dual-density padding goes a step further than most traditional pads to offer protection against impact. If you’re all about padding, you’ll love this option.
With anti-microbial features, these ASICS Ace Low Profile stay odor and bacteria free for your games. At 6-inches, they aren’t the longest kneepads, but they help you to stay flexible while playing. Made from cotton, rubber, and nylon, they have the elasticity you want while staying in place during intense games.
They are designed to last, making them a great option for not only volleyball but all kinds of uses. While they are meant to be for youth, they can fit well on slimmer adults. If you’re looking for a lightweight, flexible pair of kneepads, these ASICS are a dependable and durable option that can easily be machine washed.
- They are lightweight and allow for quick movement, making them ideal for the active volleyball player
- They can be machine-washed without deteriorating quickly, so you can keep them clean
- The rubber is soft yet reliable enough to keep you protected during your game
- They are an attractive pair of knee pads, so you can look good while staying safe
- They stay put, so you don’t have to be worried about adjusting them during the game
- They are designed for teenagers and slimmer people, so you may need to look elsewhere for a larger design
- They are too short for some people’s preferences, so if you like your pads to be longer, look elsewhere
If you are a big fan of Nike, you would probably like to wear their knee pads. The ergonomic design allows for a great fit while the high-density foam pad keeps your knees safe during falls.
The outer design is slim with a low profile look, which will provide you with a classic style on the volleyball court. While looks may not matter on the court, it’s always nice to feel good in your gear.
The interior has a soft feel to it, so you won’t be irritated by the pads while playing. While some options have great pads, the material isn’t always the most comfortable, so this is a great feature on these Nike pads.
The interior Dri-Fit liner ensures that your pads stay sweat-free during the game. This enables you to play more comfortably. These Nike kneepads are available in a variety of colors, so you choose the option that best suits your outfit.
- They hold up to use and washes, so you can depend on them for months to come
- They have a sleek and modern design that isn’t bulky or obtrusive, making them an attractive option
- They have great padding, so you can trust that your knees will stay protected during your match
- They stay in place during volleyball games, which is one of the most important things that players worry about
- They are comfortable to wear, so you can easily wear them without getting irritated
- The sizing tends to run small, so consider buying a larger pair for you
- The padding may shift in some pads, which could result in useless pads
When you go to a competition, you want to make sure that you have a good pair of pads that will hold up. These Adidas are a reliable pair that offer several positive features. First of all, they are longer than many other options at 7.5 sleeve height. They are also attractively designed that doesn’t sacrifice protection features.
If you’re worried about full coverage, you can trust these beauties to keep your knee safe with padding running throughout the front. While they do provide more coverage than other options, this doesn’t mean that they’ll be too warm. In fact, they do a great job of providing the breathability you need for summer games.
Available in black and white, you can alternate between the two or pick your favorite color. Most players choose black as they tend not to show dirt as easily. But, you’ll be pleased to know that they are durable enough to be washed in the machine and even dried, so you don’t have to worry about them getting ruined too quickly.
- For their quality, they are offered at a good price, making them a great buy
- They are longer than many options, so they are perfect for those who like more coverage
- They have an attractive design, so you can stay stylish while staying safe
- They have plenty of padding, so you can be sure that your knee will be entirely protected
- They can be washed in the machine without breakage, making them a good option
- The sizing may be a bit larger than what you’re used to, so consider measurements before purchase
- They may not be the best for smaller players, so you may want to try junior size options when shopping for kids
If you’re shopping for your child who plays volleyball and you want to find an affordable option, these Mikasa pads may work. Designed for juniors, you can trust that you’ll find the right size for your budding athlete star.
Because of the material, these pads are recommended for indoor use. If your child plays indoor volleyball, you’re in luck. It also has an anti-odor feature, so you can be sure to use them for repeated uses.
They also do a great job of absorbing sweat, so you don’t have to worry about wearing wet pads during a summer match. They do a good job at staying place while providing freedom of movement.
Best of all, the padding on these pads is exactly what you want in your kneepads, making them a great option for this factor alone.
- They won’t get full of sweat, so you can rely on them in warm months
- They don’t slip easily, so you can depend on them to protect you when you fall
- They have good, dependable padding that will keep you safe from impact
- They are offered at a great price, so you can buy them if shopping on a budget
- They hold up well in washes, so you can use them for months to come
- The sizing may run small for some, so consider measurements beforehand
- They don’t have the most attractive design, so may not be ideal for those who like stylish volleyball gear
If you want something that not only feels like it will protect but looks like it, as well, these Luwint pads are ideal. Made from cotton and latex silk with high-density rebound sponge, the Luwints are comfortable yet protective to wear.
They provide enough elasticity so that you can easily transition while playing volleyball. The ergonomic design aids in flexibility. While they do allow breathability, they are warm enough to use during cold weather.
The Luwint pads are long enough for those who worry about fair coverage but aren’t too long that they get in the way. They are machine-washable and won’t deteriorate quickly, even with several washes on a weekly basis.
If you’re looking for a reliable option that has great padding, you’ll appreciate the Luwint kneepads.
- They are highly protective pads, so you can rest assured that you’ll stay safe
- They still offer fair flexibility, so you can be sure to move easily and quickly
- They can be washed frequently without losing quality, so you can depend on them for months
- Inexpensive cost, so you don’t have to worry about spending too much
- They stay in place well, so you don’t have to worry about adjusting them during a game
- The elastic tends to stretch out over months of use, which could cause them to slip down easily
- They aren’t as durable as some other options, so you may want to consider this factor before buying
These VolleyCountry pads are a unique option that offers special features. For example, they help to keep you warm and dry during your games with their unique blend of materials. These materials (including bamboo) act as a type of thermal stabilizer, which helps to eliminate sweat and keep you comfortable.
The VolleyCountry pad design ensures that you’ll have a great fit so that they won’t distract you by rolling down as you play. The padding is ideal yet doesn’t get in the way so that you can stay flexible for those quick transitions. While they don’t have extremely thick padding, they have enough to provide you with protection against impact.
Unlike some similar designs that could feel like they are cutting off circulation, these fit snug without feeling too tight. If you happen to slide a lot during your volleyball games, you may find that the material is a bit thin. Otherwise, they offer fair quality and will last for quite a while.
- They keep your knees dry during the game, which is always more comfortable than being full of sweat
- They stay in place without feeling too tight, which is a great combination
- The padding feels soft, as does the interior, which makes these a comfortable pair to wear
- They provide protection without sacrificing the flexibility, so you can move comfortably in volleyball
- They won’t break easily, so you can use them for a whole season of games
- The material is a bit thin, which could tear easily when sliding
- The sizing tends to run large, so be aware of your measurements before purchase
If you don’t want to spend a lot on your kneepads, but want something that will provide fair protection, these are ideal. They are made from polyester, rubber, and EVA materials, so they provide both protection and comfort. They barely take up any room, so you can easily fit them into any gym bag.
With moisture-wicking material, you will stay sweat-free during your game. Each pad is knee-specific, so you can get the perfect coverage for that knee. And there are a lot of positive comments about good freedom of movement.
The material allows you to quickly put them on or take them off, so you don’t have to struggle when starting your game. While they don’t have much stylish flair, if you’re looking for simple protection at an affordable price, you can’t go wrong with this pair. Because of their short length and design, they are better suited for youth or smaller adults.
- They are easy to carry with you, due to their compact size
- They are very inexpensive, so you don’t have to break the bank to buy them
- They have moisture-wicking material, so you won’t have sweaty pads during the game
- They are knee-specific, so you get proper coverage on each knee
- They have an attractive design that will look good with any volleyball gear
- They don’t have as much elasticity or give as other options, making them a bit too snug fitting for some people’s preferences
- They are a bit too small for larger individuals and will do better for juniors or smaller adults
These black pads are attractive and protective. While they aren’t the best for professional players, they will work well for most people. With a segmented foam protection design, you don’t have to worry about the padding moving around during the game.
The cotton sleeve helps to keep things cool and is also comfortable to wear. While they may look simple and like they won’t protect you, they have a decent quality that will stand up to pressure. The foam padding actually does a good job of protecting against impact, thanks to the unique stitching and design.
The back of the pads has a unique cut-out design, which helps players to stay cool during warmer months. They stay in place and don’t slip down, which is always a great feature in your knee pads.
- They have a simple, no-fuss design, making them easy to use
- They have unique padding that stays in place and isn’t bulky
- The cotton sleeve allows for flexibility in a volleyball match
- They stand up to a lot of use and won’t tear easily, making them a durable buy
- They offer great breathability with their unique cut-out design and materials
- They aren’t as padded as some other options, so if you’re a competitive player, they may not be for you
- They are designed for juniors, making them not ideal for adult players
These are definitely an original looking pair of knee pads. This sleeve has an eye-catching design made from Lycra and SCR materials which, allow for stretching and flexibility. Their thick design is great for the winter but will make it uncomfortable for you during the summer.
A unique factor to the C.J. sleeves is that they can help to keep your joints pain-free during the game. This is especially helpful for volleyball players who may have joint issues. The anti-impact material allows for protection, but be aware that they don’t have as much padding as other options.
Because of their slip-proof design, there is no way that they will slip off during the game. They can be used solely for volleyball, or for a number of sports and exercises, such as tennis or running, yoga, or skiing.
- They are thick, so they will be ideal for use in the winter
- They offer versatile use due to their unique design, so you can use them for any of your favorite sports
- They have unique inner padding that helps to provide broad coverage, which is always great
- They are especially beneficial for people with joint pain and issues and offer relief, even as you are playing volleyball
- They are available in different colors, so you can choose the one that suits you best
- They don’t have as much padding as other options, which could affect your decision
- They are too long for some people’s preferences and could feel uncomfortable because of this
Common Volleyball Injuries
You may be a great player and rarely ever get hurt, which is great. But, if you ask anyone who has had a knee injury, they will probably tell you that they wish they had worn a kneepad in the game.
This is one reason why it’s important to pay attention to kneepads while shopping. You want to be sure that you can keep on playing for years to come. Knee injuries are some of the most challenging ones to recover from . This isn’t to scare you, but to show you the importance of staying protected.
The following are some of the most common knee injuries that happen during volleyball:
- Ligament injury: The most common injury that happens in volleyball in the knee area is typically ligament injury. While you would think that this could be due to falls, it’s actually caused by quick transitions that require you to put weight on your knees without “warm-up.” Ligament injuries aren’t always noticeable, as sometimes they don’t cause any pain. At other times, you may find the pain to be excruciating. If you think you may have a torn ligament, it’s important to get it checked. If left untreated, it could cause serious issues down the road .
- Chondromalacia: Chondromalacia is essentially the deterioration of your kneecap. This happens a lot in players who may have had trauma to their knee or haven’t warmed up properly . It tends to happen often with volleyball players due to the sudden movements and falls that happen while playing the game.
- Torn cartilage: Whether you fall, or your knee bears the brunt of a sudden impact, you could tear your cartilage. This is something that you don’t want to happen, as it can be the cause of knee deterioration if left untreated . You will typically feel a lot of pain when you’ve torn your meniscus, so pay attention to pain and visit your doctor.
As you can see, none of the above injuries are any fun to deal with. If you want to be sure to provide your knees with protection, the above kneepads can help. Even if it may take some time adjusting to wearing one, it’s best to be safe and not sorry.
If it makes you feel better, spend more on an option that you know has all the features that you want. You’ll be saving money that would be spent if you have a serious injury, so it’s worth it.
What Features You Need To Focus On
As you consider which kneepads are your favorite, you’ll want to consider some things about your style and preferences. You’ll also want to make sure that you are getting an option that will keep your knees safe. Consider the following features before you buy your kneepads.
Whether you play on the beach or indoors, you don’t want to get too hot. Some people don’t like how hot certain kneepads can get. This is why it’s important to consider breathable materials that allow air to get through without compromising quality.
Another thing to consider is if the pads have moisture-wicking material. You will most likely sweat, no matter the weather, so you want to find material that will allow you to stay dry and your kneepads to stay on.
This is a highly important feature, as padding that isn’t in the right place or that doesn’t provide the coverage you need is like having none at all. A good option for those who want to be sure that the padding doesn’t slip is to look for pads that have the padding or foam segmented.
You don’t want to wear huge, bulky foam pads, but you do want to make sure that the padding is thick enough to absorb impact, so your knee doesn’t have to. Choosing lightweight polyester and nylon materials may be a good thing to consider.
Length is largely a matter of preference, although a taller person won’t want to wear a pad that is too short and doesn’t provide enough coverage. Pay attention to the measurements before purchasing, as many options will have them in the description. You’ll want to make sure that it matches up with the measurements of the area that you want to protect.
Because volleyball is such a fast-paced sport, you move around a lot. This is why you want an option that, yes, provides you with protection, but also allows flexibility. You want to be able to move around quickly, so look for pads that are made from materials that are elastic without sacrificing protection or stability.
Be careful when looking for elasticity, as you don’t want to get an option that stretches too easily. It could wear out quickly and become loose in a short amount of time. This will cause your kneepads to become slippery, which could be dangerous for sliding falls.
More than almost any type of exercise gear, you’ll need to take care with the sizes. Because of the unique placement, a pad that is too small can be unbearable and feel like it’s cutting off circulation. One that is too large will make the pad slip easily and not provide the protection you need.
This can be challenging when shopping, and you find that the sizes are off on the option that you want. Do your best to search for the exact measurements, and if you can’t find any, get in touch with customer service. Your knees’ safety is worth the extra time to make sure that you get the right sizes for you.
Should volleyball knee pads be tight?
Yes, volleyball knee pads should be tight-fitting, but at the same time, they shouldn’t cause pain or discomfort. If they are too tight, then it may reduce circulation to your lower legs and feet, and it could reduce your mobility.
How do you stop your knee pads from smelling?
You stop your knee pads from smelling by rinsing them under cold water after every training session. On top of that, you should also wash them on a cool cycle every 1 to 2 weeks. Never wash them on a hot cycle as it may destroy the fabric.
Why do volleyball players wear knee pads?
Volleyball players wear knee pads in order to protect their meniscus  and kneecap from injury. Due to the sudden movements, changes in direction, and a high chance of landing awkwardly, it’s vital to protect the knees form some very common injuries.
How do you measure for volleyball knee pads?
You measure for volleyball knee pads by using a tape measure around the knee by going directly over the knee cap. You need to do this while you’re standing, as bending the knee will give you a wrong measurement.
Volleyball is truly a terrific sport. It’s fun, it’s lively, and it’s a great way to enjoy yourself, whether you play competitively or with friends. If you have been playing for years or want to, you’ll want to do your best to keep your body protected.
From elbow gear to kneepads, investing in volleyball gear is going to save you time and money in the long run. The above options are some of the most affordable options that offer both quality and comfort. And they beat using bubble wrap 😉
There are some options for parents who may be looking for kids and some for men and women, as well. Do you prefer longer knee sleeves with support or some with padding on the exterior? Each review has something for every style of player available at the above Amazon links. Which one is best for you?