Vegan, vegetarian, paleo, keto, you name it and I’ve tried it. The main reason is that because I advise so many different types of people about their diet and exercise routines, I should be able to back up my advice with some practical experience.
One thing that vegans often struggle with is performing at absolute maximum levels at the gym without the usual potent preworkout supplements.
For most vegans it comes as a surprise that there are plenty of options available that will give you a huge energy boost without animal products. These types nutrition boosters are not that common, but I have encountered a few that I would highly recommend.
The following list contains the recommendations I give to clients all the time, and I have first-hand experience with all of them. So, if you think your fitness routine can do with a boost, then give them a try today.
Our Top 5 Best Vegan Pre Workout Recommendations
| #1 - Nature’s Pump || Great Flavor||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - Run Everything Labs || Easy-to-Take-to-the-Gym||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - NITROSURGE Pre Workout Supplement || Great Price||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
The great thing about Nature’s Pump is that it can provide you with the best energy without all the jitters from other pre-workouts that aren’t vegan. As a non-GMO and gluten free powder, it’s ideal for people who want to stay away from ingredients that are either harmful or cause allergies.
With many pre-workout supplements tasting a bit off, many people appreciate the unique flavor that Nature’s Pump has. Unlike many other pre-workout supplements, this option doesn’t sit heavy in your stomach. Full of vitamins and amino acids, it’s healthy for you in many more ways than one.
Another great thing about Nature’s Pump is that it provides you with the push you need without giving you a crash at the end of your workout. Offered at an affordable price and providing a good amount of product, this is a sustainable option that you can keep up with for many months to come.
If you want a natural option that isn’t full of all the bad stuff yet still gives you that boost you need for working out, Nature’s Pump is an excellent choice to make.
- It has a decent flavor that many people like, so if taste matters to you, this could be the perfect option.
- It’s gluten, soy, and dairy free, making it easier on many people who have allergies to certain ingredients.
- It provides a natural boost without making you jittery like supplements with caffeine in them.
- The price is decent for the product’s quality and amount, so you can trust you’re getting a good deal with this one.
- There is no crash after using it or “coming down” off it, so you can take it without worrying about the after-effects.
- It doesn’t have any unnatural preservatives, so it does get a bit clumpy.
- Some people may feel that it doesn’t give enough of a boost, but this is dependent on personal preferences and individual health.
Made with both bioavailable ingredients and research based ingredients, it’s created to provide bodybuilders and gym-goers with the healthy kick they need for their workout. With very low calorie count and 0 carbs, it’s a safe option for those who don’t want to pack on the pounds with their workout supplement.
Unlike some of the other options on our list, this one has caffeine, so it may not be a good idea to take it later in the day. Otherwise, it offers a great boost of energy and strength for a focused workout.
It’s a nice option because unlike some other products, it doesn’t just give you a huge boost that you crash from after your workout, but it gradually helps you to maintain your rhythm while working out.
Offering plenty of product for an affordable price, it’s the ideal option when you’re looking for a supplement that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
- It is affordable, so you can easily get a couple of tubs at a time if you want to.
- It isn’t necessarily delicious, but is certainly better tasting than many other options.
- It doesn’t cause stomach discomfort like some other options, making it an attractive option if you have food allergies.
- It dissolves easily, which isn’t always common with more natural pre-workout supplements
- It doesn’t cause you to crash at the end of your workout like many other options.
- It does leave an aftertaste that isn’t so pleasant.
- Some people do feel tingling after using this supplement.
Who doesn’t love organic products? If you’re looking for a natural, gluten-free workout supplement, this is a great option. Because it’s a certified organic supplement, you can trust that it’s a healthy option for you.
With ingredients sourced from USDA organic friendly farms, you can trust that what you’re putting in your body will not be bad for you. Because it’s made from natural ingredients, you won’t get jitters or crash from this supplement, so you can train hard without worrying about the common downsides.
Hormone free, dairy free, gluten free, and made with a very healthy blend of ingredients, it’s the natural energizer you need if you want to be able to enjoy your workout without any negative side effects to your body or mind. While it isn’t the best price around, it is the most natural one available.
- It doesn’t have the best taste, but that is common in very natural supplements.
- It doesn’t offer as many servings as you would wish for the price.
4. Vega Sport
This plant-based vegan supplement is certainly a favorite for people who either have allergies to specific ingredients often found in supplements or for those who are cautious about what they put in their bodies.
It’s gluten-free and certified by Vegan Action, so you can rest assured that you are drinking one of the safest supplements on the market for your lifestyle.
If you don’t want to drink a supplement with caffeine in it, this is the option for you. With only natural, energy-boosting ingredients, you can get that kick you need without worrying about a caffeine crash or staying up at night.
What is nice about this natural supplement is that it actually blends really well, unlike some other options made from natural ingredients.
- It isn’t clumpy like many other natural supplements, so you can easily blend it.
- It is truly a vegan product, with all the necessary certifications.
- It doesn’t have the typical caffeine, although be aware that it does have some natural energizers.
- It has a decent taste, which isn’t always the case with many natural supplements.
- It blends easily, so you don’t have to worry about clumps in your pre-workout shake.
- It’s not as energizing as some other options.
- It has a bit of a gritty texture that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
This healthy, vegan pre-workout supplement has sleek packaging that holds 30 servings. Offered at a reasonable price, it’s a great deal, especially if you want to get to know this particular brand.
The iced-tea flavor is a unique one, helping body-builders switch things up from the normal chocolate and vanilla flavors that are often found in these types of supplements. Designed to help enhance focus and strength in your fitness efforts, it’s made from natural ingredients that won’t harm you or make you feel sick.
You don’t have to worry about pre-workout jitters with this supplement, making it a favorite option for people who tend to get antsy on other types of supplements.
Because of the small tub it comes in, some people wish that it was sold in a larger bulk options, but otherwise, it is a convenient product for carrying with you in your gym bag.
- It is made from natural ingredients that help to boost your energy.
- It doesn’t cause jitters, which is something that everyone wants to avoid.
- It has a unique flavor, so you can switch things up with your morning workout routine.
- While it doesn’t provide as big a kick as other pre-workout supplements, it will help you to maintain a steady pace at the gym.
- You won’t crash after your workout when the boost wears off.
- It’s a little clumpy and hard to blend, which may not be to everyone’s liking.
- It doesn’t provide such a strong boost as some other options do.
What Is A Pre Workout Supplement
Have you ever watched someone workout at the gym and wondered how they could last for as long as they do? It’s probably not that they’re some type of modern-day Hercules but rather they’ve been faithful with taking pre-workout supplements, so that they can reach their muscle-gain goals.
A pre-workout supplement is a specially designed powder that has been made to provide an extra boost of energy so that you have the strength to last throughout your exercise routine. It’s also beneficial for helping you to have extra “power” in your training session.
It’s typically made to blend with your favorite morning drink or smoothie, whether you want to add it to your coffee or your protein smoothie.
Vegan Pre Workout Drink Benefits
If you’re looking for a pre-workout supplement, have you considered drinking a vegan option? Perhaps you’ve been using your typical supplement for years, but there are several benefits to be gained from drinking a vegan one, or simply one that has been made with natural ingredients.
Here are some of our favorite benefits from vegan pre-workout supplements:
- Most vegan supplements have been created in such a way that you won’t crash from them after your workouts. As any bodybuilder knows, the wrong kind of pre-workout supplement can be the worst idea if you have to do anything after your gym time.
- It provides a natural and safe boost of energy. Many non-vegan options have ingredients that aren’t so safe in the long term for your body. Vegan supplements are usually created with a specific combination of ingredients that will provide you with the natural focus and energy you need to get you through your workout.
- It increases your muscle power. If you’ve been hoping to get more gains from your body building efforts, vegan supplements can be a great idea because they provide natural power that allows you to push your muscles further than ever before.
- They aren’t full of harmful ingredients. Many supplements have a variety of ingredients that cause bloating or that may be bad for those with certain allergies. With natural and organic-certified options, you can be sure that you’re not going to regret taking a your supplement.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Of course, everyone wants to make sure that they won’t feel sick after drinking their pre-workout drinks. Who wants to go to the gym and instead of feeling amazing afterwards, you feel like something’s wrong.
Are there any side effects to using these vegan supplements? Just as with any product that you will be putting in your body, you want to pay close attention to the ingredients and quality.
Poor quality supplements may make you feel sick afterwards. Pay attention to ingredients, because you want to avoid taking any kind of product that contains something that you may be allergic to. While vegan supplements won’t have the normal guilty factors in them, you still want to make sure it’s safe for you to drink.
Avoid drinking more than you should for your workout. Overdosing on any kind of supplement is never a good idea. You don’t want to end up crashing or getting jittery when you’re trying to work out. You will also want to double check with your doctor if you are taking any kind of over-the-counter medication. Otherwise, vegan pre-workout drinks are typically much safer for consumption than other ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is pre workout safe?
Yes, pre workout supplements are generally classified as safe, but you have to look out for certain allergen that might affect you. Also, some products contain a lot of caffeine, which can have some adverse effects.
What is the most natural pre workout supplement?
Creatine and caffeine are the most natural pre workout supplement ingredients you can find and should look out for. They can help to provide more strength and endurance, as well as keep you focused.
Is citrulline malate vegan?
Yes, citrulline malate can be vegan dependent on where it is sourced. A lot of times it can be extracted from fruit, which makes it an ideal ingredient for vegans to look out for.
If you’ve been looking for pre-workout supplements that allow you to get that boost of energy without filling your body with all those “bad” ingredients, vegan supplements could be a great option for you.
Typically free of ingredients that cause bloating or that contain dairy or gluten, vegan options are the healthier alternative to your typical “gym powders.” The above options are only a few of the safe and natural choices for you.
One thing is certain, if you find yourself lacking in energy at the gym and want to enhance your effort, a pre-workout supplement can be highly beneficial for you. Before buying one, take a look at the ingredients and then choose the one that appeals to you most.