Every athlete needs good gear and whether you run, cycle, or swim, you always want to have the best that can be offered. For a jogger, it may be the perfect running shoe. For a cyclist, the bike that offers quality features is everything. For the swimmer, the perfect swimsuit that makes them soar in the water.
What if you do all three in triathlons? You’ll want to be sure to have the right gear that ensures you’ll do well, and the best triathlon goggles are something you will want. If there is anything that you don’t want to happen while swimming, it would be water in your goggles.
That’s why it is important to invest in professional swimming goggles when training for a triathlon. Just as you would invest in the best bike around, you also want to make sure to have the best swim goggles for the water.
Because no option is the best option for every individual, you will want to find the perfect fit for you. You may wear glasses and need prescription goggles while your friend is fine with a cheap, quality pair.
The following goggle reviews will give you a good idea of what to look for. Whether you need prescription goggles for swimming or want a trendy style, there is something for every type of swimmer below.
Our Top 10 Best Swimming Goggles Recommendations
| #1 - SealBuddy Panoramic Premium Swim Gear || Everything You’ll Need||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - Wide View Swim Goggles || Great Range Of View||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - Professional Anti Fog Swimming Goggles || Professional And Protective||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 10 Best Swimming Goggles Recommendations
- 1.1 1. SealBuddy Panoramic Premium Swim Gear: Everything You’ll Need
- 1.2 2. Wide View Swim Goggles: Great Range Of View
- 1.3 3. Professional Anti Fog Swimming Goggles: Professional And Protective
- 1.4 4. Aegend Triathlon Anti Fog UV Protection: Sleek And Dependable
- 1.5 5. Olympic Nation Crystal Clear: Ideal For Kids
- 1.6 6. OnlyU Shatterproof UV Protection: Traditional And Lightweight
- 1.7 7. Aegend UV Protection With Case: Comfortable To Wear
- 1.8 8. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0: Ideal For Training
- 1.9 9. Incite Elite with Protective Case: The Best Accessories Included
- 1.10 10. Speedo Hydrospex: Simple Yet Effective
- 2 What Features You Need To Focus On
- 3 Conclusion
A fabulous option with the accessories you’ll need, SealBuddy offers the quality required for triathlon swims. With a good-sized cap, swimmers can be sure that they can keep their hair fully protected during the swim.
The goggles themselves are spacious and large, so that you can be sure to have a broad view during the swim portion of your triathlon. The soft silicone gaskets are comfortable to wear and won’t hurt your eyes. The hypoallergenic frame ensures that even those with sensitive skin can wear the SealBuddy goggles.
With shatter-resistant lens and anti-fog and UV protection, you can be sure to keep your view clear and your eyes protected. It’s made from high-density, optical grade PVC, so you can rest assured that you are using a quality option.
This set includes the above-mentioned non-toxic cap, non-pinch nose clips, and three ear plugs. The set even has a case for keeping your gear safe. All of these top-quality swim accessories are offered at a great price. What more could you want?
- They have a great suction, so you can be sure that water won’t get in
- These goggles offer a great panoramic view, so that you can clearly see everything under water
- The set includes a number of great accessories for a fair price, making the SealBuddy an excellent deal
- They are made from quality materials for long-lasting durability
- They keep your eyes safe from the sun with their top UV protection feature
- They aren’t the most attractive pair of goggles
- The cap will tear easily if roughly handled
Typical goggles have small lenses, making it difficult to view everything you want to under water. Fortunately, for those who want to see clearly, there are options like these AqtivAqua goggles.
With wide polycarbonate lenses, as well as anti-fog coating and UV protection, you can trust that your eyes will stay safe. The quality material is also durable and won’t break easily.
The ultra-soft silicone used for the gaskets helps to prevent painful marks on your face after use. The unique design helps them to comfortably fit any user and offers the right amount of suction.
Unlike many options, the no-slip design ensures that these goggles will stay firmly in place throughout your swim. The split-strap means that you can more easily adjust the fit. They also come with a gorgeous case for safekeeping. If you aren’t a big fan of tint, you may want to look elsewhere, as this option has vague coloring on the lens.
These goggles can be used in an indoor pool or out in the ocean, making them ideal for the triathlete in training.
- They have great wide view lenses for a better view underwater
- They are made from quality materials that offer protection and durability
- They have the ideal amount of suction, keeping your eyes safe from too much pressure
- They have a double strap, so you can trust that they will stay on firmly
- They come with a great case for keeping your goggles safe and clean
- They have a tint to them, which may not be everyone’s preference
- The anti-fog coating doesn’t last that long, which could be a negative factor for some
As a triathlon athlete, you want to use the most professional gear, don’t you? While casual swimming may not demand the best swim goggles, your sport requires quality. That’s why, you will want to consider an option like these GT Road goggles.
With wide-vision lens, you can be sure to get a great visual field while on your swim. This is definitely a must for those who are competing in triathlons. The unique double-deck design on these goggles ensures that you won’t have water leaking in.
Anti-fog lenses are what any swimmer wants, and this option has trusted anti-fog lenses. Because you want to keep your eyes safe while swimming, you’ll appreciate the 100% UV protection provided on these goggles. The soft, 3-D silicone frame is easy to wear and won’t cause painful marks on your skin. No one wants to look like a racoon after their swim and with these beauties you won’t have to.
The detachable clasp and adjustable strap make it easy to use these Professional Goggles. Best of all, the top-quality frame won’t break easily.
- They are a durable pair of goggles, that you can depend on for months to come
- They have a unique design with wide-view lenses for top visibility underwater
- They have excellent UV protection, so you can keep your eyes safe on sunny days
- They have a great seal, which works wonders in preventing leakage
- There are ear plugs and a nose clip included for added benefits
- They require caution while cleaning to avoid damage, which can be annoying
- They have a tint to them, which some swimmers don’t appreciate
These goggles are definitely one of the more aesthetically pleasing options, but their attraction goes beyond appearance. With great anti-fog coating and UV protection, they are safe to use and will provide you with a clear view. Speaking of view, this option will provide you with an optimal 180-degree field of view. You won’t miss a thing while trying to win your race.
Made from top silicone materials, the Aegend goggles are both durable and comfortable to wear. They also have an ergonomic design that allows them to fit with almost any face shape.
The frame itself is flexible, which makes it easy to put them on and also allows for a softer, comfortable feel. The lenses are also highly trustworthy, as they are made from shatter-resistant polycarbonate lens.
The double-deck seal design works wonders in keeping water out, so you can trust them throughout your whole triathlon swim. At a great price, these are definitely a top option for many.
- The detachable plastic clasp makes it easy to put these on and take them off
- They have a highly attractive design for the fashion-conscious swimmer
- They are made from durable materials, so that you can wear them for months to come
- The lenses are strong and protective, so you don’t have to worry about your eyes
- These goggles are highly affordable, making them the ideal pro option for budget shoppers
- They have a mirrored tint, which is definitely not everyone’s cup of tea
- The nose bridge isn’t the most comfortable, which may make them feel painful to some users
If you have kids who are following suit in the world of athleticism, you want quality gear for them as well. These Olympic Nation goggles are made for everyone but work especially well for little ones.
Offered at a great price, they offer some top features, making them a steal of a deal. With leak-free soft silicone seals, you don’t have to worry about water getting in. The detachable clasp makes it easy to put these beauties on—which is always helpful for kids.
The ergonomic gaskets allow for more comfortable wear, so that your kids don’t complain about painful suctioning. The strap can be adjusted, so that these goggles can be used by just about everyone in the family.
Their clear lenses are a favorite feature for those who don’t like tinted goggles. They include a small carry case for easy portability and safekeeping. The anti-fog coating and UV protection are also great features that you’ll like.
- They are great for children, making them an excellent option for your kids
- They are easy to take off and put on with a detachable clasp
- They have transparent lenses for a clear view under water
- They are available in different colors, so you can choose the one that you like best
- They are very affordable, so that you don’t have to spend too much for a quality pair of goggles
- They don’t keep water out as well as some other options
- The nose area may not be so easy to fit just anyone
A simple pair of goggles doesn’t have to be a bad pair. The OnlyU proves this idea by offering some great features. Their simple, lightweight design is perfect for those who don’t like bulky-feeling goggles.
The set includes a protective case, nose clip, and ear plugs. The lenses have anti-fog coating and UV protection. They also claim to be shatter-resistant lenses, so you don’t have to worry about them breaking. This feature also helps to ensure that they don’t get scratched easily. Once your goggles have a scratch, there goes everything.
If you like wide-lenses, you may want to look elsewhere. Otherwise, these do offer great protection for your eyes.
With a complete seal around the eye circle, you can be sure that water will stay out. The silicone material keeps these goggles feeling comfortable. They also have a quick fit buckle for easy removal, and an adjustable strap to ensure a great fit.
- They have top anti-fog coating, so you can depend on them for a clear view
- They are lightweight and comfortable for easy use while swimming
- They include ear plugs and a nose clip, so that you have everything you need in one set
- The buckle and strap are easy to adjust, which is always a positive
- They have a great seal for anti-leakage, which is a must for triathlon swimmers
- They have a tint which could be annoying for some people
- The included nose plug is painful to wear
For many a swimmer, goggles can be a headache. You need them, you want them, but you don’t like wearing them. This is typically due to the fact that they aren’t always comfortable. That’s why you need a pair like these Aegend goggles.
The silicone frame is comfortable and soft to wear. With a 3D ergonomic design, they fit well on most users. The double deck design also ensures that you don’t get water leaking in while you’re swimming. UV protection and anti-fog coating are features that you will find on these beauties.
With a flexible nose piece, you can rest assured that these will be comfortable for just about anyone. Even those with prominent nose bridges will be able to wear them. The detachable clasp is definitely a top feature, so that you can easily remove them after your swim. They are available in a variety of colors, so you can choose your favorite. The included protective case is a great addition to an already top pair of goggles.
- They have a comfortable nose piece, which is always a challenge to find in swimming goggles
- They have relatively wide lenses for a broad range of view, which is ideal for triathlon swimmers
- The ergonomic frame helps these goggles fit well on most swimmers
- They are affordably priced and offer top quality, making them a great deal
- The double deck design is great at prevent leakage
- The mirror lenses are easy to damage, which could be annoying for some
- They have a tint to them, which some users may not appreciate
If you want something light and easy to use for training, try the Speedo Vanquisher. They have a low profile inner eye fit, which is ideal for those who don’t like heavy goggles. The wide panoramic lenses allow for great view without being too bulky.
The silicone seals are cushioned for added comfort while preventing leakage. These goggles include interchangeable nose pieces, so that swimmers can always have the most comfortable fit. Those who want to be sure to protect their eyes will appreciate the UV protection on the lenses.
The low profile inner eye fit keeps these feeling close to the face. Some athletes don’t like bulkier designs, as they tend to feel uncomfortable while racing through the water.
With a thin, adjustable strap, they are easy for almost anyone to wear. If you don’t want a pair of heavy goggles, but want to depend on quality, try out this option. They are great for training for triathlons. It also doesn’t hurt that these goggles look good on almost anyone.
- They offer a great panoramic view without overwhelming your face
- They are fairly priced, making them a great deal
- They offer UV protection to keep your eyes safe from the sun
- They feel soft around your eyes and won’t leave marks
- They are clear enough to get a good view without causing a harsh glare
- The anti-fog tends to deteriorate quickly
- The nose pieces run on the small side, which can be uncomfortable for those who need larger ones
Are you looking for a set of swimming accessories for an upcoming triathlon? The Incite Elite is a great option with aesthetically pleasing goggles. It has protective case for your goggles, ear plugs and their protective case, nose clip, and a cloth for cleaning. You won’t need to buy anything else.
The anti-fog coating helps to keep these clear and offer great visibility under water. Because no one likes to struggle with putting on goggles, you’ll love the easy quick release clasp. No more having to struggle to pull off the straps after your swim.
With anti-shatter technology, these beauties are dependable and durable to use for dedicated swimmers. Plus, no one wants to scratch the beautiful lenses on this option, so this is a great feature. The 20 mm rubber seal does a great job at protecting against water leakage.
- They have a great strap that can be adjusted with a quick release clasp for easy use
- They have great suction, so you can be sure they will do what they are meant to
- The set includes great accessories, so that you’ll be covered when it comes to swimming gear
- The eye gasket frame is soft and made from silicone for more comfortable use
- They work well in keeping water out with a top rubber seal
- They are somewhat large, which may not be everyone’s preference
- The included nose clips aren’t the best and tend to slip off easily
One thing that you’ll appreciate about the Speedo Hydrospex is that they are made from quality materials. The PVC frame and silicone strap are durable and also comfortable to wear. The one-piece (hypoallergenic) frame is flexible enough for easy use.
The eye glass is made from shatter resistant Lexan lens, so you can be sure that they will stay strong for months of use. With 95% UV protection, they aren’t the best for sun protection, but are good enough.
The quick adjust clips make it easy to tighten the strap to your size. The special Speed Fit Headstrap System means that you can kiss struggling with straps goodbye. With anti-fog protection, you can trust that you’ll have a clear underwater view at all times. The outer-eye fit design ensures comfort, so you don’t feel pain or pressure when using them.
Because of their lightweight design, many a triathlete loves these Speedo Hydrospex. They are priced affordably, so you can easily by a pair for each person in your family.
- They are made from durable materials, so you can depend on them for a long time
- They are lightweight, making them easy to use for triathlons
- They provide a snug, protective fit without feeling too tight or uncomfortable
- They have as trustworthy seal and do a good job at protecting against water leakage
- They are affordable, which is always a plus when shopping for swimming gear
- The strap doesn’t adjust to a very large size, making them too small for some
- They don’t have the best range of view, which could be an issue for some triathletes
What Features You Need To Focus On
As you look for the best goggles for swimming, whether competitive or not, you undoubtedly want a pair that you can trust. With different face shapes, nose sizes, and overall preferences, it can be tricky to know what to look for.
There are so many different designs and styles, that you may be feeling overwhelmed about what you need. The following features are important to consider while you shop, so you make the best choice for you.
Most triathletes want to see clearly while racing through the water. They want to be able to see other competitors and anything that could get in their way. This is where lenses come in.
In fact, there are several things to consider when looking for lenses. You want to be sure that they have UV protection. As you use your goggles for training, your eyes will be exposed to plenty of sunlight.
You also want to consider whether or not tint bothers you. Many goggles have some type of tint, in an effort to diminish glare. But, it can be distracting for some swimmers, so consider if you prefer clear lenses with no color.
Lastly, you may want to focus on wide-lenses that give you a broader range of view under the water. This helps you to easily see any obstacles and be aware of other competitors in a triathlon. Keep in mind that larger lenses may affect the goggles’ weight.
You can wear some options with contacts, but if you really want to be comfortable, you could choose prescription goggles. This can help to ensure that you always have a great view while under water. Don’t forget to look for shatter-resistant lenses that won’t be easy to scratch.
The seal is most certainly an important feature. After all, a faulty seal will most likely mean a lot of water in your eyes. No one wants to be trying to win a triathlon with water obstructing their view and irritating their eyes.
A double-deck seal and design is always a good idea. Make sure to pay attention to reviews when it comes to seal, because more than almost anything else, it matters.
A strap that isn’t easy to adjust will be very irritating. And one that can’t be adjusted to any size is going to cause problems. Because professional swimmers won’t have time to fix their goggles in a race, a strap is highly important.
You want one that will stay in place during the entire time and that is easy to fix. Also, you may want to consider a quick-release clasp, so you can easily remove your goggles. Trying to slip a wet strap over your head is as annoying as can be.
A nose piece can make or break a pair of goggles. It’s important to be careful while shopping to ensure that you get one that you’ll like. Some run too small, others have a weird design that causes pain, while others are too loose.
A good option to choose when shopping are goggles that include different nose pieces to ensure you get your size. Whatever you do, avoid wearing goggles that are uncomfortable around your nose. Pain is not going to help you to swim comfortably and effortlessly.
Why Triathletes Need Good Goggles
Everyone should use a good pair of goggles, but for the person attempting a triathlon, it is highly important. In any race, every second counts, but even more so in a triathlon. Because a triathlete is expected to be the best in everything from swimming to cycling, you need to have top gear.
Just as a cyclist could end up behind if their gears are faulty, so too, can a swimmer be slowed down by faulty goggles. The above features are great for any swimmer to look for in their goggles, but here are some extra things to keep in mind for triathletes:
- A lightweight design: Many triathletes will look for lightweight goggles to reduce drag. Anything that weighs a swimmer down is bound to be a no-no for a triathlon. You will be tired, you will be doing your best, and you want to win. Being weighed down or annoyed by bulky designs is not the way to go.
- Durability: Once you find the perfect pair of goggles, you will probably want to stick with them through training and triathlons. This is a big reason why you should look for a durable option. While rubber and silicone are commonly used, if you are practicing in indoor swimming pools with chlorine, you may want to consider high-grade plastic options that won’t deteriorate.
- Enhanced peripheral vison: If you’re not big on heavy wide-view goggles, you can always look for a sleek option that has great peripheral vison. This will provide you with the broad field of view you need without causing discomfort.
Whatever is good for comfort when it comes to your goggles is good for your triathlon.
- Easy to adjust: Hopefully, you’ll come across amazing goggles that once they’re on, fit perfectly and don’t need to be adjusted. If you do end up needing to adjust while on the swim, you’re going to want straps that will easy to do in a second. No triathlete is going to have time to stop and fix their straps while other competitors swim on by.
As with any of your triathlon gear, you’re going to want good quality. Look for top quality options that you know won’t break easily. Also, make sure that you do your best to keep your goggles in tip-top shape. Most of the above options include carrying cases. But, if you chose one that doesn’t, make sure you invest in one for safekeeping of your goggles.
Whether you’re training for the race of a lifetime or simply want a good pair of goggles, the above options are great. From lightweight designs to fabulous styles, there is something for every type of swimmer.
More importantly, many of the above options offer features that are not only good for the average swimmer, but also for triathletes. From great seals to superb anti-fog coating, you can be sure that you find the best one for your needs.
While there may be some pricier options that a pro-triathlete would depend on, you’ll discover that our top ten favorites are all fairly-priced. Are you ready to make a decision that could help you to win? Go for it!