If you could think of one item that is absolutely needed when running, what would it be? For those who run at night, it could be reflective gear. For those who must have great music on for every step of the way, an arm band to hold your phone may be a good idea.
What if you are someone who runs in the morning? Or, when the sun gives you a great tan, but may be much too bright? You will want to either invest in a hat, or better yet, find the best running sunglasses to protect your eyes.
You won’t be able to just use any pair of sunglasses. For example, those trendy hipster sunglasses may look pretty cool, but they might not stay on as you jog. You need the right pair of running sunglasses that will allow you the freedom to run while offering great protection.
From ones that are designed for complete weather protection to others that look as trendy as they feel, there is something for everyone. To help you find the perfect pair for you, the following running sunglasses reviews will show you what you need to look for.
Our Top 10 Best Running Sunglasses RecommendationsThere is a huge range of options for you to choose from, when it comes to good sunglasses. Our list of top ten sunglasses has some of the best quality pairs offered at fair prices, and you will find what you need here. The great thing is that most are suitable for running and biking which makes them ideal for triathletes as well.
#1 - Under Armour Zone 2.0 Sunglasses
|| Spectacular Sun Protection||5.0 stars out of 5|
#2 - TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses
|| Smooth, Lightweight Design||4.5 stars out of 5|
#3 - Gear District Polarized UV400
|| Sleek And Attractive Design||4.5 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 10 Best Running Sunglasses Recommendations
- 1.1 1. Under Armour Zone 2.0 Sunglasses: Spectacular Sun Protection
- 1.2 2. TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses: Smooth, Lightweight Design
- 1.3 3. Gear District Polarized UV400: Sleek And Attractive Design
- 1.4 4. Duduma Polarized Designer Fashion Sports Sunglasses: Strong And Protective
- 1.5 5. SUNGAIT Lightweight: Comfortable And Helpful
- 1.6 6. Laura Fairy Polarized: Wide Lens
- 1.7 7. DUCO Polarized UV400 Protection Triathlon Glasses: Versatile And Eye Catching
- 1.8 8. Eyekepper TR90: Bifocal Lenses
- 1.9 9. GIORO Polarized Sports Sunglasses: Ideal For Sports
- 1.10 10. Tifosi Women’s Alpe 2.0: Delicate And Attractive Design
- 2 The Importance of UV Protection
- 3 What Features You Need To Focus On
- 4 Conclusion
If there is one thing that you want to pay attention to when shopping, it would be UV protection. These Under Armour sunglasses have amazing 100% UVA, UVC, and UVB ray protection.
These glasses have plastic lens and offer enhanced peripheral vision, which provides you with a broader range of view. At 62 millimeters of lens width, it’s enough to ensure that you see everything around you as you run. The nose pads are adjustable, so that you can have a comfortable and secure fit.
The lenses on this pair of glasses also offers distortion free vision, which helps you to see clearly at all times as you run. The polarized coating eliminates glare on very sunny days and the UA AutoGrip design makes these glasses lightweight enough that you barely feel them while also providing stability.
They have a nice, tight fit, so you don’t have to worry about them flying off as you enjoy your exercise. They are easy to clean, which is always great, as sunglasses tend to get full of sweat while you run on a warm summer day.
- They fit snugly, so that they won’t slip with movement
- They have very strong frames, so you can trust their durability
- They offer a broad range of view, so that you can see all around you as you run
- They are distortion-free, so you can see things as they are
- They have adjustable nose pads, so that they can fit anyone comfortably
- They are plastic, which could be irritating for some people
- The tight fit may make them uncomfortable for those with larger heads
With 5 interchangeable lens, you can use the lens you need for the activity that you want to do. For example, you can use the yellow lens at night. The black one is ideal for driving on a sunny day, and the colourful lenses are especially beneficial for running.
With 100% UV400 protection, you can depend on these glasses to provide you with the optimal protection that you deserve. The rubber nose pad helps the glasses to fit comfortably. No one wants to use glasses that dig into their nose bone.
While running, you may find that an uncomfortable nose pad is too annoying. The polycarbonate lens are special, with their impact and scratch resistant feature, which helps to make them strong enough for sports and exercise. The rimless jacket frame allows you to have a better vision field.
Because these glasses have polarized lens, you won’t get as much glare as you would otherwise. The glasses include a soft cloth for cleaning and a pouch. If you want a pair of glasses that will provide you with the proper protection at any time of the day, check these ones out.
- They have great protection against the sun’s rays, which is definitely what you need for running
- With 5 different sets of lenses, you can be sure to get the protection you need at any time of the day
- The nose pad is comfortable to wear while on a long run, which is always a positive with running sunglasses
- They offer a secure, snug fit, so that you can be sure that they will stay on during your exercise
- They are easy to clean and protect with included cloth and pouch, making this option an attractive offer
- Not all of the lenses are polarized, so that may be a factor for some
- Their lightweight frame may break easily if not handled with care, which could be irritating for some users
If you aren’t a big fan of colored lenses, you’ll appreciate this pair of glasses. Their all-black design is both stylish and attractive. The polarized lenses help to eliminate glare, so that you can see clearly as you run, whether near the road or when it snows.
With 100% UV protection, you can trust that these glasses will keep your eyes safe from the sun. The frame has silicone and other materials allowing for a comfortable fit that is lightweight and versatile.
At 74 millimeters of width, the lenses are easy to see out of and because they don’t have a rim around the bottom, you can have a better view as you go. The glasses even have a floating string, so if you use them in the water, you don’t have to worry about them floating away. These Gear District glasses include a free hard case for safekeeping. They also come with a pouch and soft cloth for cleaning.
With anti-fog coating, you can even wear these when the temperatures are low and fog is thick.
- They offer great coverage, so you can depend on them, no matter what
- They have an attractive, sleek design that looks good on anyone
- They stay put, so you don’t have to worry about them slipping down on the run
- They have a floating clip, so you can use them for more than just running
- They are offered at a fair price for the quality they provide
- The lens tend to pop out easily, which can become quite annoying, especially while running
- The nose piece isn’t adjustable, so they may not be that comfortable for everyone
If sun protection is a must for you, you’ll like the Duduma glasses. With 7 layers, you can trust that you have all the UV protection needed to run as long as needed in the sun. The layers are also shatterproof, which ensures that they won’t break easily.
Like many running glasses, these ones are rimless, so you have a broader range of view as you run. With anti-scratch coating, you can be confident that they won’t get ruined easily. Their lightweight frame allows you to run comfortably and won’t get in your way. Available in a variety of colors, you could choose the pair that you like best and that matches your gear.
The Duduma glasses have polarized lenses which help to keep glare away. Many accidents that happen while running are due to you not being able to see well, so this is a beneficial feature. They also include a hard case, a pouch, and cloth for cleaning, so you have everything that you need to keep them safe.
- They are strong and durable, so you don’t have to worry that they will break quickly
- The anti-scratch coating helps to keep them working marvellously for months to come
- They have ideal polarization, so you can see clearly on a sunny day
- They don’t have any distortion, so you can see things as they are without a problem
- They stay on throughout your run or jog, so that you don’t have to worry about slippage
- They aren’t very flexible around the ears, which may be a bit uncomfortable for some people
- The nose bridge area may be a bit uncomfortable for some
The design of the SUNGAIT glasses helps to make them easy to wear during your run. They are so lightweight, that you’ll barely notice that you’re wearing them. They also provide a snug yet comfortable fit, so that you don’t have to worry about them slipping off during your run.
While they do have a rim around the lenses, the lens width still allows for a great range of view. The polarized lenses are ideal for keeping glare away, and the plastic titanium doesn’t irritate your skin.
These glasses are also temperature resistant, so you won’t have to be concerned about them getting too hot on a summer day. The frames also have an open design around the temple area, so that you have air flow as you go.
With UV400 protection, you can trust that they are designed to keep eyes safe from the sun’s rays. Because they come with a pouch and cloth, you can keep them clean and safe when you’re not using them.
- They offer ideal sun protection, so you can depend on them for sunny days
- Because they are lightweight, you’ll barely notice that you are wearing them
- The frame is comfortable and won’t irritate you, which is always important in any pair of sunglasses
- They are an attractive pair, so you can feel confident wearing them
- They do a good job of reducing glare, so that you can always have a clear view of what is in front of you
- The lens tend to pop out, which can be annoying
- Some people may not like the design of the arms on these sunglasses
If you want to be sure to have a broad range of view, these Laura Fairy glasses have a lens width of 70 millimeters. They can be used by both men or women and the lens are available in a variety of colors. Because the lens are polarized, you can run freely without worrying about glare. The lens are also scratch-resistant and unbreakable, so you won’t need to buy new ones to replace them.
With a composite frame, they are lightweight and comfortable to wear. With 7 layers of TAC polarized lens, there is no way that these sunglasses will give up the ghost anytime soon. While they only have 99% UV400 protection, it’s more than enough to keep your eyes safe while running.
Because of their wide design, you can be sure that they won’t fit too snug if you have a larger head. One thing to keep in mind is that because of their design, they may need to be adjusted to fit you perfectly.
- They have 7 layers of protection, both for your eyes and the lenses
- They have a strong yet lightweight design that is comfortable to wear
- They are available in different colors, so you can choose the one that you love best
- They are relatively cheap, so you can easily afford them on a budget
- The lenses aren’t too dark yet provide good protection, so you can see well without worrying
- The nose bridge is narrow, so it could be too small for some people
- They may need to be adjusted to fit perfectly, because of their unique design
If you like color and unique glasses that provide you with an incredible range of view, look no further. These bright sunglasses are meant to be used by athletes of any type. With 5 interchangeable lenses, you can use the ones that are right for your activities. The different lenses are ideal for anything from protection against heavy sun and bad weather.
The unique nose bridge allows for more protective use while the rimless edges allow for a broader view. They are specifically designed to be used by athletes and for rough conditions, so whether you’re a snowboarder or just a runner, these glasses will work perfectly well for you.
They also include a bag, cleaning cloth, hard box, and safety strap, which helps to ensure that you keep them clean and well-maintained. They are polarized, so you can be sure that you won’t be affected by glare as you go, and you’ll also notice that you can see well on foggy days.
- These glasses have a unique, protective design, so you can use them in all kinds of weather
- The nose bridge design allows for better protection than most
- They offer distortion free vision quality, so you can see clearly at any moment
- They are well-priced for the quality and benefits they provide
- They include interchangeable lenses, making them a versatile option for active athletes
- They do require cautious care and handling, so be sure to use the case
- The nose size is fixed, so it could be uncomfortable for some users
The polycarbonate lenses on the Eyekepper glasses are scratch resistant. This is highly important for those who enjoy running or outdoor sports. It also ensures that your lens will always be clear and easy to see out of.
The bifocal area of the glasses is on the outside of the lens. For those who need glasses with bifocal lenses, these ones work well while still providing top UV protection. If you need ones that help you to have good distance vision, these will work decently.
The TR90 and rubber frame is flexible and strong, so they can last through months of use, especially in the outdoors. Because bifocal glasses require caution when cleaning, you’ll appreciate that a safe cleaning cloth and microfiber pouch is included. You will also receive an EVA zip case with your glasses, so you can keep them safe while not in use. They have a comfortable frame that fits most people and are built to last.
- They are durable and strong, so that you can wear them for a long time
- The bifocal lens are quality, so if you need them, these ones should work just fine for you
- They have decent UV protection, so you can use them for running if need be
- They include everything you’ll need to keep them safe and clean
- They have a no-fuss design, which makes them ideal for those who want something simple
- They may not be the best for those who don’t need bifocals
- They may be a bit too narrow for those with wide faces
If you enjoy running and practicing cycling or sports, you’ll like the GIORO glasses. With 5 interchangeable lenses, there is no limit to the protection you can get from these beauties. The lenses are scratch-resistant with high optical clarity, so you can always have clear visuals. The 100% UV protection is also an attractive feature on these sunglasses.
Whether you want to use the lenses in windy weather or protect your eyes on very sunny days, these glasses were designed for rough conditions. They are made from shatterproof PC material, so you don’t need to worry about them breaking while you’re wearing them.
The GIORO glasses include a test card, shoulder strap, pouch, cleaning cloth, and case, so you can take great care of them. With an overall width of 148mm, they fit most people well. For everything that they offer, they are priced fairly, so you don’t have to worry about emptying your wallet for a good pair of glasses.
- They are ideal for athletes who run or play in all kinds of weather, thanks to their strong lenses and frame
- They have plenty of accessories, so that you can keep them clean and safe
- The interchangeable lenses allow for versatile use, making them ideal for those who participate in a variety of sports
- They are inexpensive, and offer plenty of beneficial features making them a great purchase
- The polarized lenses do a great job at minimizing glare
- They aren’t as durable as some other options
- The nose bridge may be a bit uncomfortable for some individuals
If you are a female who wants glasses that provide your eyes with the protection you need, yet that look a bit feminine and cute, check out these ones. With an attractive design, you can feel confident wearing these beauties while also taking care of your eyes.
The Grilamid TR-90 frame is strong enough to last through months of use. The non-polarized lenses may not reduce glare, but they also help to make the glasses more attractive. At 62millimeters of width, the lenses are wide enough for a broad range of view. They are also shatter-proof so they won’t break easily. They include a case, so you can also keep them protected when not in use. The ear pieces are adjustable, which allows them to fit anyone more comfortably.
- They have good UV protection, so you can trust them to protect your eyes
- They are small enough to fit petite women, which is often an issue with regular sunglasses
- They have a lightweight design, so you hardly feel them as you run
- The adjustable ear pieces are great, making them a great fit for anyone
- They have an attractive design, so the fashion conscious runner will enjoy wearing them
- They are a bit pricey for the quality they offer
- They may be too narrow for some people, so they may not be the best for everyone
The Importance of UV Protection
It’s true that wearing sunglasses while running can be quite irritating. With that being said, it’s important to find a pair that you feel comfortable wearing.
Following are some of the reasons why you should consider using running sunglasses for your daily jogs and why UV protection is a must:
- First of all, wearing sunglasses will help you to see better when you run on sunny days. It will allow you to see details much more easily than if you didn’t wear them. This will ensure that you can see what is ahead of you, so you can avoid falls and trips.
- UV protection also helps for cosmetic reasons. Wrinkles often pop up after too much sun exposure. So, if you’re worried about aging, wearing the proper sunglasses can help you to keep those wrinkles at bay.
- Your eye health can deteriorate if you don’t use the proper UV protection. What if you are someone who runs daily for about an hour, while the sun is out? Even if it’s early and it’s not shining down full-blast, your eyes are still receiving the effects. UV protection can keep you safe from cancerous growths, as well as yellow growth on your eyes. It can also help to protect your eyesight, so for your eye’s health, it’s best to wear sunglasses—especially if you are an avid runner who jogs daily. Having to deal with cataracts or other issues is not worth the risk of leaving sunglasses at home.
It may take some getting used to, but making the choice to wear sunglasses can be a very positive decision. Of course, you’ll want to make the right choice on the sunglasses themselves to ensure comfortable wear.
What Features You Need To Focus On
As you look at different styles, you may be nearly ready to choose the perfect pair. Before you do, you should check out all of the features that could matter to you in the long-term. To recap what to look for, check out the following features:
More than any other feature, UV protection is one of the most important. You want to be sure that you invest in some that offer the best sun protection around. After all, that’s why you’re buying running sunglasses, so pay close attention to this detail.
If a pair states that they have UV400 protection, they will offer reliable sun protection. As you look for UV protection, be aware that some glasses may be really dark. This doesn’t always mean that they offer great protection, so check out the product description and not just the color.
Typically, glasses without rims around the bottom and edges allow for a broader range of view. They also tend to feel much more comfortable for most people. While it is a personal preference, you may like wearing glasses that don’t seem to obstruct your view.
Of course, it largely depends on the design, as some that have a rim are constructed in such a way that you still get a peripheral view. If you can try on glasses before purchase, do so, so you can make an informed decision on rim or no rim.
As you are considering rim, also determine what kind of frames you like. You will want to look for comfort. A pair that fit snugly are ideal in the sense that they won’t fall off as you run. Yet, you will need to make sure that they aren’t too tight that they are annoying to wear.
Polarized lenses are good for several reasons. A lot of people like them because of how they look, but they are also especially beneficial in eliminating glare. Whether you’re a snowboarder or a runner, glare from the sun can be highly irritating.
With polarized lenses, you can have clearer vison, no matter what you’re doing. Clear vision and sports are always a good combination, so do consider polarized coating or lenses for your safety and comfort. Also, while looking for lenses, consider ones with many protective layers.
It can be highly difficult to find a pair that fit you just right, but even more so because of nose bridges. A nose bridge can make or break a pair of sunglasses. If you can find a pair that has an adjustable nose bridge, that is always a good idea. If not, consider the measurements.
While it may be awkward to try to measure your nose bridge, you want to be sure that the gorgeous glasses you want will fit right. If they don’t, you may find yourself very irritated with them.
View is highly important while running or participating in active sports. That’s why many people look for lens width. You want to find glasses that provide you with a broad range of view, so that you can see all around you, as much as possible.
While glasses with great width may seem a bit awkward to wear at first, the protection they provide will definitely be worth it. When considering width, make sure that they will fit your head measurements. You don’t want to buy a pair that is much too big.
If you are a runner who is investing in new gear, consider investing in a new pair of running sunglasses. Your eyes and their health is worth the money. The above options are relatively affordable, so you don’t have to spend too much on a good pair shades.
From options that are a bit more feminine looking to others that promise optimal protection for active sports, there are designs for every style. Just click the price check buttons to find out what deals are available at Aamzon.
Which one do you like? Are you someone who runs come rain or shine, or snow? You’ll want a pair that has enough protection against the elements, sun, and glare. There are options for you on our top ten list. Do you like minimalistic styles? There are some slim designs for you above. Whichever pair you choose, rest assured that your eyes will thank you.