Every household should have something to keep everyone entertained. Whether you’re a group of roomies living together or a family with kids, you want to have fun in your down times. It’s all about filling your home with the necessary equipment for relaxing experiences.
If you have the space for an entertainment room, there is so much that you can do to make it amazing. From a great in-home theatre system to games and even a bar, having a place where you can unwind is ideal.
As you’re shopping for things for your entertainment room, consider a ping pong table. No one would disagree that ping-pong is great fun, whether you’re good at it or not. It can be the perfect way to spend time with your partner. It is a fun distraction for the kids. The best ping pong table will certainly help add to any party.
Of course, a table tennis table is a big investment, so you want to be sure to find a good one. There are plenty on the market, but not every one offers the quality and features that you want.
If you want to be sure to get the best there is, you’ll want to take some time researching ping pong table reviews. From understanding the cost to the features that you should look for; the following information will help you find the perfect one.
Our Top 10 Best Ping Pong Table Recommendations
You want to find the table tennis table that will fit right into your home. While there are several more options to choose from, these following 10 products are a good start. From accessible prices to top quality manufacturing, there is something good about each one on our top ten list.
#1 - JOOLA Inside 15mm Table Tennis Table
|| Easy To Store||5.0 stars out of 5|
#2 - STIGA Advantage
|| Easy To Set Up||4.5 stars out of 5|
#3 - Harvil I, Indoor
|| Sturdy Yet Portable||4.5 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 10 Best Ping Pong Table Recommendations
- 1.1 1. JOOLA Inside 15mm Table Tennis Table: Easy To Store
- 1.2 2. STIGA Advantage: Easy To Set Up
- 1.3 3. Harvil I, Indoor: Sturdy Yet Portable
- 1.4 4. Butterfly Easifold: Great Tabletop For Optimal Bounce
- 1.5 5. MD Sports Regulation Ping Pong Table: Simple But Effective
- 1.6 6. STIGA XTR Outdoor: Best For Outdoor Use
- 1.7 7. JOOLA Outdoor Aluminum: Great For The Real Thing
- 1.8 8. STIGA Space Saver: Affordable And Compact
- 1.9 9. EastPoint Sports Dominator: Affordable And Dependable
- 1.10 10. Harvil Outsider: Ideal For Beginners
- 2 What Features You Need To Focus On
- 3 Conclusion
There are so many things that go into the perfect choice. The JOOLA has quite a few of these features. A helpful one is the locking caster wheels that make it easy to move it from one place to the other.
The two different sides of the ping pong table fold together, so when you need some extra room, you can easily store it. The table itself is made from a medium-density fiberboard which is both durable and reliable for the game.
The JOOLA is competition-grade, which means that if you want to practice at home for competitive games, you can. It measures at 9×5 feet, which ensures that you can practice for a real game.
If you don’t have someone to play with, you can still use this table for working on technique. Because of it’s unique, foldable design, it allows you to hit it against one half of the table while playing on your own. It also has an anti-tilting locking mechanism, so your home can stay accident-free.
The JOOLA arrives at your door, almost completely assembled for a fast set-up. If you want a table that is easy to store and practice, this may be the best one for you.
- It has a great anti-tilting locking design for safe use
- The adjustable height levers allow you to get the perfect playing surface every time
- Its foldable design makes it easy to store when not in use
- It is the perfect size for practicing for competitions
- It arrives nearly completely assembled, so you don’t have to fuss too much with the set up
- It is a bit heavy, so it does require a couple of people to assemble it
- The surface is a bit thin, which may be a negative factor for some
If you want to get playing right away, you’ll love how easy it is to set up this STIGA. The quick-play design means that you can get it up and going in as quick as 10 minutes. The two table halves make it easy to fold and store when not in use.
The STIGA’s 5/8 table top is just the right amount of thickness. It is also UV cured and PVC edge-banded, which aids in durability. The multiple roller coat finish and silk-screen striping making it ideal to play competitive games on. It’s also smooth to touch and looks professional.
The 72-inch heavy duty net is durable enough to last for months to come. It also has a unique clamp style attachment for easy removal. If you want to use the table tennis table for practice, you’ll like that it can be set up in a playback position.
The STIGA has steel legs that have adjustable levers, so that you can always be sure to have the table perfectly leveled. While most table legs are silver-colored, the black finish on these ones give this table a classy look. You can be sure that it will look good in any recreational room. You’ll also appreciate the lockable caster wheels for easy transportation from room to room.
- It’s easy to set up with its Quick-Play design
- It’s sturdy and won’t break easily, which is always important when it comes to game equipment
- It’s made from quality materials for durable, long-lasting use
- The tabletop is smooth and aesthetically pleasing, giving the table a classy appearance
- This option has a great locking mechanism, for safe use
- Due to its size you may need help at the time of delivery
- The instructions don’t show you how to separate and fold it up
It can be a challenge to find a sturdy table, which is also portable and easy to store. The Harvil is ideal for those who want a solid table that is still easy to move around. With a tabletop that is made from wood, the Harvil is both attractive and dependable.
The powder-coated steel frame is strong and durable, so you don’t have to worry about this table falling apart any time soon. The locking wheels mean that you can move the table when you need to but keep it stationary during the game.
To ensure that you can easily store it, the Harvil can be folded upwards, so you can fit it in nook or cranny. To ensure that you can get some practice in, the Harvil has a playback position mode for easy use. Whether you have someone to play with or not, you can always use the Harvil. It also includes a net and metal posts, so all you need to worry about is buying the paddles and balls.
- It’s sturdy enough for long-lasting use
- It has an attractive wooden top, that is reliable and easy to play on
- It has a strong, reliable frame that aids in durability
- It’s easy to transport from one space to another with locking wheels
- It’s made from high quality materials, so you can depend on it for months to come
- It is a large option, so be sure to check out measurements before purchase
- The net isn’t as good quality as the table itself, so you may want to consider another net
If you’re someone who plays competitively, you’ll want to practice on a table that meets your needs. The Butterfly is a regulation sized option at 9×5, so you can be sure to stay in the zone.
The Butterfly is also very easy to assemble by simply attaching the wheels. You can have it up and going in as little as 10 minutes. You’ll also appreciate the thick table top, as it will do a great job at providing you with great bounce.
You can easily fold the two table halves up for easy storage. Or you can leave one side down for play back practice. The rotating wheels make it easy to move around, and the locking mechanism helps to keep you and your family safe from falling tables. The steel frame adds to the overall durability of the Butterfly.
If you’re looking for top quality without having to spend more than a grand, this could be the right choice for you.
- It’s very quick and easy to set up, so you can start using it right away
- It is a regulation size, so you can practice for competitions
- The top is the perfect thickness, for a great bounce
- It’s easy to set up, so you can start playing right away
- It’s unique design with support bars makes it one of the sturdiest options around
- It’s pricier than other similar options, so you may want to consider price before purchasing
- The net has to be removed for the table to fold, which can be a nuisance for some users
Not every table includes everything you need to start playing, but the MD Sports sure does. It includes 2 paddles, 2 ping pong balls, and two posts. It also has a removable net, which is a must-have on any ping pong table.
The MD Sports can be folded in half for easy storage or when you want to practice with the playback position. The 15mm table top isn’t the thickest, but it’s good enough for a decent bounce. It also has 1 1/8 apron for added protection, so that you can depend on this option for a while to come.
Because the MD Sports is tournament size, you can use it for practice for competitive games. It does take up a lot of space when not folded in half, so consider your room space before purchase. If you’re looking for a low-priced table that can stand up to plenty of games, this table offers fair quality.
- It’s one of the more affordable options that you can find, which is great for budget shoppers
- It isn’t as heavy as some other tables, making it easy to transport from one area to another
- It’s an attractive choice with a unique finish, making it stand out from others
- It includes ping pong balls and paddles, which isn’t something you’ll find just anywhere
- It offers good quality for a fair price, which makes it a good deal
- It’s challenging to assemble and will take some time to put together
- It isn’t as sturdy as some other options, which means you’ll need to exercise caution when using it
If your recreational space is outside on a patio or in the yard, you want a table that can withstand the elements. This is one thing that is unique about this STIGA XTR. It’s designed to be able to be used outside, no matter the weather.
With an aluminum composite table top, the STIGA XTR Is more durable than most options. It is waterproof and sun-resistant, so you can leave it outside, as needed. Whether you use it indoors or outdoors, these features are great for durability.
The steel legs have a unique welded cross brace, which helps to add to stability. They also have rubber levelers for easy adjusting, so you can always have a perfectly leveled playing surface.
The STIGA XTR also has lockable wheels for quick mobility, when you want to move the table from one place to another. As with many of the options on our list, you can fold up the table for easy storage, or use one half for practicing on your own.
- It is the best choice for outdoor use, thanks to weather protection features
- It has a strong, sturdy design that helps you get long-lasting use out of it
- It is relatively easy to assemble, so you can start using it right away
- The surface is ideal for optimal bounce, so you can use it for practice or simply recreational use
- It is an attractive option, which will look good in any recreational area
- The high-gloss finish means that you may have a glare during your game, depending on sunlight
- The net and posts aren’t made from the best quality materials, which could be a negative factor for some
If you’re a competitive player, you’ll appreciate this JOOLA. Plus, it can be used indoors or outdoors, making it ideal for any household. It’s regulation size measurements means that you can use it for practice. It’s also the brand that is most used by professionals and is USATT approved.
The tabletop is 6mm thick, which isn’t the best, but it does allow for a lightweight table that is easy to move around. Its material is an aluminum plastic composite, which is both durable and reliable for competitive games.
The undercarriage is powder coated and rust resistant, so you can trust that it won’t get damaged easily. It’s also sturdy and stable. Because the Joola has folding halves, you can easily store it or use it for practicing alone.
The heavy duty wheels make it easy to move the table and the feet are adjustable, so you can get it perfectly leveled. To keep everyone safe, the JOOLA has anti-tilting locks for your protection while stored.
- It has great measurements for competitive games
- The wheels are durable and reliable, so you can move it whenever needed
- The JOOLA has rust protection and other reliable weatherproof features for outside use
- The tabletop is durable and reliable, so that you can depend on it for months to come
- It has a quality build that offers stable use
- It can be time-consuming to fold and remove net, which makes it a challenge to store
- The safety locks are hard to get to and manage, which can be annoying
It’s not the fanciest option, but it’s ideal for budget shopper. The STIGA Space Saver will allow you to play your favorite game, without having to worry about space. With two separate halves, the STIGA can be folded for storage.
You don’t have to worry about a time-consuming set up with this option. You can simply unpack it and stand it up. It also includes the net and posts, so you don’t have to worry about finding the perfect fit.
Although she be but little, she is fierce with strong steel legs and a steel apron. You don’t have to worry about this table getting damaged anytime soon. It’s also really easy to store with it’s foldable design. While it doesn’t have wheels, because it’s lightweight, you don’t need them.
While it is small and not the typical regulation size, the tabletop surface is still great for the perfect bounce.
- It’s the most portable and compact option on our list, which makes it perfect for small spaces
- It’s made from durable materials, so you can depend on it for a long time to come
- It’s the cheapest one on the list, so it’s perfect for budget shoppers
- It’s easy to store with a foldable design
- It’s very easy to assemble, which is ideal for single person households
- Its size is much too small for competitive games
- This product tends to arrive defective, so keep this in mind when ordering
The EastPoint has the right amount of thickness one wants in their main ping pong accessory. At 18mm, you can trust that you can get a great bounce when playing. The laminated surface also helps for a smooth, no-fuss game.
You’ll find that this EastPoint table also has a great on-center net with storage for your paddles and balls. This feature helps to ensure that you never lose your most important items for the game.
Because you’ll want your table to last for as long as possible, you’ll appreciate the powder coated, rust-resistant steel frame. Whether you use it indoors or outdoors, it’s built to last. The frame is foldable, so you can easily store it. Be aware that it does take up more room when folded than others. It can also be used for a playback position for those who want to practice alone at home.
To ensure that your table doesn’t warp, the 1.38-inch aprons help to keep it level and warp-free, as do the molded corner caps.
- It is sturdy and dependable, so you can use it daily if needed
- It offers good quality for a fair price, so you don’t have to spend too much
- It isn’t a hassle to fold it up, so you can easily store it
- The molded corner caps offer great protection, so you can trust its durability
- It has a unique storage area for balls and paddles, so you don’t lose them
- It is challenging to assemble, so make sure to keep this in mind when ordering
- It is heavier than most, making it difficult to set up or fold alone
This Harvil may not be the best for professionals who need a practice table. But, it can definitely do the job for beginners and home use. With a weather-proof table top and a powder-coated steel frame, you can use this Harvil outside. The aluminum table is designed for the elements, so you don’t have to worry about warping.
The lockable wheels are easy to unlock, when you need to move the table in a hurry. With two independent halves, you can fold it up for storage. It doesn’t take up as much room as some other options, making it a more compact choice for smaller households.
While some options go all out on the surface, but forget the net, this option has a great one. It’s made from quality material, so it won’t easily rip, and the two metal posts are strong and reliable. A poor-quality net will rip easily and no one wants to have to replace their net right away.
When you want to store it, the Harvil fold ups up quickly and has a safety latch, so you don’t have to worry about it falling. If you want a decent option for use at home, this one is a great choice.
- It’s easy to move around with great, dependable wheels that lock
- It can be used indoors or outdoors due to its weather-proof features
- It’s safe to fold up and store anywhere, thanks to a dependable safety latch
- The net is durable and won’t break easily, which is always important
- It is is easy to set up, so you can start playing right away
- The table doesn’t allow for the best bounce, so it’s not the best for advanced players
- The instructions aren’t the easiest to follow, which could be a challenge for some
What Features You Need To Focus On
As you consider the perfect table tennis table, you will want to take many things into consideration. What may work for one person’s home may not be ideal for another. As you consider questions, such as “how much is a ping pong table?” don’t forget to think about the features below. They will help you to make the choice that is right for you.
There are a few things to consider when checking out the tabletop. First of all, you want to think about the measurements. Is it the right length and width that you will be using in a competitive game? You want to make sure to practice on the right size to ensure that you get the best shots and swings for the real thing.
Also, consider the thickness of the tabletop. The thicker the better when it comes to bounce. While a thicker tabletop may mean a heavier load, you want to make sure to get a good bounce.
If you plan on using the table outside, you’ll also need to consider the materials that the table top is made out of.
If your space for fun and games is an outdoor patio or in the yard, you’ll need to consider a weatherproof option. Typically, an aluminum tabletop is ideal for this. Apart from the tabletop, you’ll want to check out the frame. Is it rust-resistant? Powder coated? Take into account whether or not you may want to invest in a cover or buy one that includes it.
An indoor table may not need to be as weatherproof as an outdoor one. But, it’s still a good idea to consider these features, as they tend to protect the table better than simple indoor ones.
Because not every home has an abundance of space, portability is key. You will want to find a table that can be folded and easily moved around. Strong, durable, and lockable wheels help to make it easy to move the table when needed, but also keep it stable during the game.
Make sure that the wheels are designed well, so that you can depend on them. Weak wheels that break or get stuck easily will render the table useless in terms of portability.
Some tables fold up better than others, so consider the design before purchase. If you don’t mind leaving your table set up at all times, then independent halves may not matter to you. Just consider the fact that they do mean that you can play alone with the playback position.
You want to be absolutely sure of your family’s safety when purchasing a product. That is why you should always check for a safety latch when buying a foldable table. The safety latch will ensure that your table can be stored easily, with no risk of injured family members. It also helps you to not have to worry about damage to the table, which is a plus.
Also look for tables that say that they have an anti-tilting locking mechanism. This will ensure that there is no way that the table can fall over when stored. They can be heavy and you don’t want there to be a possibility of them crashing down.
Another feature that you want to pay attention to is the net. Most nets aren’t as well-designed as the table itself, but they are just as important. After all, who has time to go shopping for a net over and over again.
It’s very important to consider size when shopping for your table. Make sure to pay close attention to measurements before purchase. While some may be blessed with plenty of room in their homes, not everyone is.
There are smaller options for those who may not have that much space, but you will want to consider whether or not, you are practicing for competitive games. If you practice on a small table and then play on a big one, your swings can be off.
Making an investment in buying the one of these tables is a great way to spend your money. After all, a relatively good quality option like one of the above won’t cost you too much. While there are plenty more tables available on the market, when it comes to good pricing and top features, this list has the best.
Do you want one that is perfect for practicing for competitive games? Or would you like one that can be used outdoors? There is something for every kind of need on our above list.
Whether outdoor use is what you need, or you want a thick tabletop, there is plenty of variety for every style of player.
Which one do you think is the most ideal option for you and your family? From simple designs to fancier features, there is a myriad of options for anyone who wants to enjoy ping pong at home. One thing is certain, owning one will make a big difference in your home life and family entertainment. Come rain or shine, there will always be something for everyone to do.