When people hear conversations about using lean muscle mass supplements, then they invariably jump to the conclusion that anabolic steroids are the topic. But that is a very common misconception.
I have seen many athletes resort to these types of steroids, and they never end well. But you can still bulk up fast, with the right type of effective supplement product.
While proteins are going to be vital to bulking up, you also want to look for ways to trigger your body’s own growth hormone production. And this can be achieved with a totally safe and legal supplement.
So, if you’re looking for that little extra edge to get that lean and ripped appearance, then try out some of our recommendations.
Our Top 10 Best Mass Gainers Recommendations
| #1 - Transparent Labs Mass Gainer || Gets Results And Gets Them Fast||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - OPTIMUM NUTRITION Serious Mass || Great For Those Who Need Serious Gains||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - BSN True-Mass || Excellent Value For Money||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 10 Best Mass Gainers Recommendations
- 1.1 1. Transparent Labs Mass Gainer
- 1.2 2. OPTIMUM NUTRITION Serious Mass: Great For Those Who Need Serious Gains
- 1.3 3. BSN True-Mass: Excellent Value For Money
- 1.4 4. Genius Muscle Builder: Gets Results And Gets Them Fast
- 1.5 5. CystoSport CytoGainer: Affordable And Ideal For Lower Weight
- 1.6 6. MuscleMeds Carnivore Mass: Beef Protein
- 2 What Are Weightgainer Supplements?
- 3 Different Types
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Conclusion
Transparent Labs is all about whey protein based amino acids. As far as mass gainer supplements go, it provides one of the highest amounts of calories in each serving, making it less likely that you need to double dose it.
It also has absolutely no artificial crap added in just to make it taste a bit better. No fillers, GMO and Gluten free means that it gives added peace of mind for food intolerances.
Users also comment that is mixes very easily and the taste is actually rather pleasant. Only downside for those that may need a few of these a day is that it just comes in two flavor options.
Overall though, this certainly up there as one of the best protein powders available. And just keep in mind that it has 109 grams of carbohydrate so it might not be suitable for all diets.
- Over 700 kcal per serving
- Available in two very tasty flavors: Chocolate, Cookies and Cream
- Mixes very well with water
- No artificial crap added, it’s all about solid ingredients
- Some extra flavors would be nice
For those who like their mass gainers to be flavored, you may appreciate this chocolate powder. Optimum Nutrition’s unique packaging makes it easy for you to fit it anywhere needed, whether in your kitchen or with you at the gym. The size options of this complete mass gainer allow you to try it out without committing to a large tub of the same product.
It contains 50 grams of protein a serving, so you also get the building blocks for a great recovery effect after your workout. It also contains vitamins and minerals, so while you’re working towards getting gains in your weightlifting, you’ll also be providing your body with “the good stuff.”
While not ideal for those with allergies to various foods, it is a great option for adding to your morning coffee or workout smoothie, with a flavor that works well with fruits. If you’re allergic to dairy or wheat, you may want to look elsewhere.
It’s very convenient for those who are quite lean and want to gain a sufficient amount of muscle and weight, while not so ideal for those who only need to add a few more calories to their diet.
- The package sizes make it easy to try out the powder before making a more expensive commitment to a large tub.
- It is chocolate flavored so it can add a great taste to any of your workout drinks or smoothies.
- Optimum Nutrition makes a big difference for those who are very lean and want to bulk up.
- Reasonably priced, making it ideal for those shopping on a budget.
- It is packed with calories, so it’s not the best for those who only need a slight increase in their diet.
- The texture is a bit challenging to blend without a blender, so make sure that you have one before purchasing it.
If you don’t want to pay a lot for a small bag of cytogainer, the BSN may be the option for you. At 5.82lbs, this mass gainer has quite a lot of content for a very low price.
Does it work? It has a good balance of carbohydrate and protein that does benefit lean people who are looking to increase muscle and weight through a combination of whey and casein.
Providing around 700 kcal per serving, it provides a lot more than some other options, so if you’re lean and trying to gain muscle, this could be the ideal option for you. It has a chocolatey flavor that a lot of people like. This can be a hit and miss when choosing a mass gainer supplement, so this is an attractive part of this mass gainer.
The texture is nice because it’s not chalky and chunky, so you can easily blend it. While a blender is suggested for making your workout shake, it can also be mixed by hand. Unless you have allergies to wheat, it doesn’t cause bloating or an upset stomach.
- The BSN has a lot of product for a good price, making it more affordable than many other options.
- The flavor is easy to drink and tastes good in shakes with fruit and other ingredients.
- Contains the right number of kcal for those who are looking to gain some muscle and weight.
- The texture mixes well, so you don’t have to worry about blending it forever to be able to drink it.
- It works quickly for those who need to put on some weight while seeking gains from their exercise.
- The suggested serving size and scoop that comes with it is a little too much powder for many people’s preferences.
- It has been known to cause acne in some people, so this may be something to be cautious about.
While pricey, the Genius Muscle Builder is a favorite for me because it does help you to get results fast. Using HMB and Vitamin D as a beneficial combination, this supplement is a natural option for those who are looking to improve strength and energy for better workouts.
Not only was this product designed to help you build mass, but it also delivers enhanced mental energy and focus, which can go far in helping people get “#gainz.” The packaging of this Genius Muscle Builder helps users be able to take it anywhere with them while providing enough to last a month.
Unlike some other products that take a long time for you to see results, this option allows you to actually feel the effect as soon as you start using it for your workouts. This mass builder is designed for both women and men, so you don’t have to worry about getting hormones that aren’t meant for your gender.
It’s the ideal alternative to using other products that may not be as good for your body as this health supplement is.
- It works quickly and effectively, so you can start seeing muscle gains in no time.
- Not only helps you to gain muscle mass, but it’s beneficial for mental focus as well.
- It can help you to see better muscle gains in as little as a month, if not sooner.
- It’s convenient and easy to take with you in your gym or travel bag.
- Has a decent tasting flavor that makes it easy to drink in your morning smoothie.
- It doesn’t come with as much product as you would hope when paying the price.
- It’s not cheap, which may be a negative factor for those looking for a more affordable option.
- The tub is large while being quite affordable, making it a great deal.
- It offers a fair amount of kcal per serving without being too much for those who don’t want to put on too much weight.
- It doesn’t contain sugar or fructose, so you don’t have to worry about drinking the “bad stuff.”
- It’s not too challenging to blend, with or without a blender.
- Ideal for recovery and weight management for those who want to enhance results from their workouts.
- The amount of protein you need to get from it means that you have to serve a lot of the powder, which can be challenging to drink in one shot.
- It is not FDA approved, but most supplements like this are not.
If you want to get some protein from meat, this mass gainer is a favorite. It not only provides good protein, but it also provides 6 pounds of powder at a low price. If you need a mass gainer that can help you with strength and recovery, aside from muscle mass, this could be the ideal option for you.
For those who have allergies, this may be the answer for you. It is lactose, sugar, and gluten-free, so you don’t have to worry about an upset stomach when drinking this powder. It provides users with around 700 kcal, as well as 50g of protein per serving, so you can be sure that you’re getting what you need.
The texture is a bit challenging to blend, so it is suggested that you use a blender to make your shake, but the flavor is quite decent and easy to drink. While it is a bit heavy, it won’t cause bloating or stomach aches for most users.
- It offers a lot of product for a very reasonable price, so you don’t have to break the bank to gain muscle.
- It provides a good amount of calories per serving, so lean people will see gains without putting on unhealthy weight.
- The flavor is decent, which is always a positive factor in these kinds of powders.
- The animal-based protein helps to provide users with healthy energy and strength for workouts.
- It’s great for those with allergies to things like gluten and lactose.
- It’s tough to blend due to a very chunky texture.
- It is a bit sweet, which could be a downside for some people.
What Are Weightgainer Supplements?
Weight gainers are designed to provide a high-calorie intake for those who have a difficult time gaining weight otherwise.
They are usually packed with a variety of vitamins, carbohydrates, and proteins (with full range of amino acids) that make it simple for people to get the amount of these ingredients they need for gaining weight and building muscle.
They’re usually made to drink as a shake, which makes it convenient to take first thing before your training. Of course, you can drink the powder with whatever you feel like.
Mass gainers are usually created with flavors that go well with a fruit smoothie or shake, although you can find unique flavors from certain brands if you aren’t into the typical ones like chocolate or strawberry and vanilla, which happen to be the most common ones on the market.
Most mass gainers will have anywhere from 500 to 1,200 calories, which is what you want to look for if you need to put on a significant amount of weight. Many of these supplements have a blend that makes them almost like a meal replacement.
It’s important to look at the different kinds of mass gainers out there. Not every type has what you need, and you shouldn’t be drinking just any type, depending on your needs. Some are created for those who don’t want to put on too much weight and would rather get lean gains.
Others are designed specifically for those who aren’t only looking for muscle gaining benefits but also want their supplement to provide them with an added boost of energy and strength for their workouts, which usually happens when you’re taking supplements with a high protein level.
Some are designed to help with recovery, others have a slew of ingredients while some only have the basic ones you need. It’s important to understand what kind of results you want in your muscle gainer before buying one.
Also, understanding your nutritional needs can help you know when you should get certain nutrients from supplements and when you should get them from food .
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better whey protein or mass gainer?
Whey protein is better for muscle recovery, and mass gainer is better to help you train hard enough to build new muscle fibers. Basically, the two types of supplements complement each other, and you should consider taking both for best results.
Can I mix whey protein with mass gainer?
Yes, you can mix whey protein with a mass gainer, but you want to check first how much protein is included in the mass gainer. These supplements usually contain some protein (especially branched-chain amino acids) as well, and you may end up taking more than you actually need.
Can you take mass gainer and Creatine?
Yes, you can take mass gainer and creatine, and it’s actually a good approach to getting the most out of your training. The creatine will help with strength and endurance during training, while the mass gainer will give you enough dietary energy to sustain your training.
Should you take mass gainer before a workout?
No, you should take mass gainer supplements before a workout, but rather after training when you get home. The volume of nutrients is going to be very high, and your stomach might struggle to deal with it while you’re working out.
Mass gainers can be incredibly helpful for those who have been looking to enhance their workouts and gain muscle. In fact, they may be the only way that some slimmer people may be able to see some gains in the gym.
There are several different types on the market, so do your research before just buying any type of weight gaining powder. Each person has a unique body, and what could work perfectly well for your friend that is also trying to build muscle could end up making you sick.
The above-mentioned mass gainers are some pretty trust-worthy ones on the market. Did you see one that could work for you and your needs? Make sure to read the ingredients and decide on one that isn’t going to cause any negative side effects.