While all your teammates may have their soccer gear ready to go, as a goalkeeper, you have to do things differently. From your unique jersey to the gear you have to use, you obviously need a few extra things that your teammates don’t.
A goalie without goalkeeper gloves with finger protection is asking for trouble. To ensure that you can easily catch fast balls and do your job well, you will have to invest some money in the best soccer goalie gloves. The gloves that feel right and have protection will ensure that you don’t miss catching the soccer ball. As everyone knows, it just takes a ball slipping and you’ve lost the game.
As the last line of defense, there is a lot of pressure on the goalie and while the right gear can’t replace skill, it definitely aids talent. Plus, keeping your hands safe is a big way to keep you playing amazingly. An injured goalkeeper won’t do anyone any good.
Whether your little one is starting as a goalkeeper and is excited about getting gear or it’s for you, there are several options and important choices to make. You may want to spend less and get cheap goalkeeper gloves, or you want to go all out for the most stylish ones. There are practically as many options as there are goalkeepers.
To help you make the right decision, the following glove reviews will give you an idea of which style or option is the best for you.
Our Top 10 Best Goalkeeper Gloves Recommendations
| #1 - Renegade GK Fury Goalkeeper Gloves || Great Overall Protection||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - TimeBus Strong Grip || Good Wrist Support||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - Renegade GK Vulcan || Best Ones For Catching||4.5 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 10 Best Goalkeeper Gloves Recommendations
- 1.1 1. Renegade GK Fury Goalkeeper Gloves: Great Overall Protection
- 1.2 2. TimeBus Strong Grip: Good Wrist Support
- 1.3 3. Renegade GK Vulcan: Best Ones For Catching
- 1.4 4. KTR Products Goalkeeper Gloves with Finger Splines: Affordable And Effective
- 1.5 5. Kixsports KixGK Exo: Great Performance For Any Game
- 1.6 6. Brine King Premiere: Good Grip And Quality
- 1.7 7. Vizari Modena F.R.F: Cheap And Comfortable
- 1.8 8. ExoShield Gladiator: The Coolest Design
- 1.9 9. RE:LOAD PRO G2: The Most Comfortable Fit
- 1.10 10. Reusch Soccer Serathor: Cheap But Not Very Effective
- 2 What Features You Need To Focus On
- 3 Conclusion
These Renegade gloves are bright and attractive, and will definitely have you stand out, but they are much more than that. First of all, they have stellar finger protection. With Endo-Tek Pro fingersaves, you get the protection you need for your fingers, yet still have the flexibility that you need. Because they are removable, you can always take them off when you don’t feel comfortable.
Another attractive feature of the Renegade is the 3+3MM latex present on both the palm and backhand of each glove. This helps to add absorption for shock impact. The Renegade also has an 8CM bandage for wrist protection, which is a great feature that you won’t always find on just any pair.
These gloves are also wear-resistant, but still provide excellent grip of the ball. The strap is made to last and 3D Airmesh body helps to ensure that your hands are sweaty and hot throughout the game.
The pre-arched design also allows for optimal control. If you’re looking for the best goalkeeper gloves, these ones certainly deserve some attention. They certainly provide optimal protection for your hands without sacrificing functionality.
- They provide great protection, making them ideal for goalies who want to keep their hands safe
- They are lightweight enough that they won’t feel heavy during the game
- They are made from materials that make them breathable enough to wear during warm months
- They allow flexibility and movement, making them a trustworthy option for goalies
- The company provides great customer service, so you can get help if you have an issue
- They can be a bit challenging to get on, which could be irritating
- The wrist support is missing a bit better support, which could matter for those with weak wrists
As much as you love the game, you probably don’t like bent fingers. This is why it’s important to look for options that keep them safe. The TimeBus option has unique finger and palm protection with a thick padded latex foam. This kind of cushioning ensures that you don’t get finger injuries while in the game.
They also boast of anti-slip and wear-resistant latex palms. With your job being to save your team from balls going into the goal, you definitely want a good grip and non-slip gloves. The fact that the palm is durable is also a big plus, as that tends to be a weak point in most gloves.
Because catching soccer balls on a regular basis can result in wrist injuries, you also want to be sure that your glove has some type of safeguard. The TimeBus has a double-design with elasticity and close-fitting Velcro, so your wrists have the support needed without sacrificing flexibility. This feature will keep them from receiving the impact of the ball, so you can keep playing your favorite sport.
The TimeBus is made from EVA and latex materials, so that they can stay strong and durable throughout the season. They are also breathable enough to wear when the weather is warm. You don’t have to worry about sweating and because of their lightweight feel, they are easy to use.
- They are easy to keep clean and won’t tear easily, making them a good choice
- They have finger and wrist protection, so you can be sure that your hands will stay safe during the game
- The breathable materials used in the glove help to keep your hands cool during the game and summer months
- They have a good grip, which is very important in any soccer glove
- They perform well for a good price, making them a good option
- They aren’t as durable as some other options, which could be a negative factor
- They may fit too snug for those with wider hands
These gloves have a sharp style that will look good on the field. They also provide some great protection for goalkeepers. With a latex palm, you can get the right amount of grip and comfort. The 180-degree thumb wrap is ideal for keeping your thumbs safe, as is the PU thumb V-notch.
Because these Renegade gloves have a pre-arched palm, it’s easier to grip the ball and ensures optimal ball control. As with many Renegade gloves, these ones also have Endo-Tek Pro fingersaves which help to keep your fingers safe. Yet, it also offers flexibility, so you can always be able to grip the ball.
Another feature for your safety, the 8CM bandage and 3MM strap help to keep your wrist safe during the game. There is even padding on the backhand of this glove, for added protection.
With a strap puller and rubber pull tabs, it’s relatively easy to put these gloves on. Some gloves tend to be too narrow around the wrist for support reasons. But, who has time to be struggling with their gloves before a game? If you like gear that is easy to use, these are a great choice. If you want a pair of gloves that offer protection for the game, these are ideal.
- They are made from breathable materials, so you can keep your hands cool
- They have a pre-arch design, so you can easily catch the ball during a game
- They have a good grip which helps to protect from the ball slipping out of your hands
- They are ideal for finger protection, so you don’t have to worry about injury
- They have an attractive design that is stylish and trendy
- The sizes chart isn’t accurate, and they tend to run small, so be careful about which size you choose
- They aren’t as durable as other options
These sleek, attractive gloves with black, red, and white are a classy option for a soccer purist. They look good with almost any soccer gear and are aesthetically pleasing. They also have some great support in the wrist area with elastic wrist straps. This ensures that the gloves stay snug throughout the game to help you avoid accidents.
They are also designed with breathable mesh in each finger which keeps your hands cool without sacrificing function and protection. This is convenient, as many gloves only have mesh around the palm, but you want your whole hand to stay cool and free from sweat.
The KTR also has a spline FingerSave feature to ensure that your fingers don’t hyper extend. This feature is ideal, as many goalies tend to suffer from hyperextension due to faulty gloves.
With latex on the palm area, the KTR gloves are thicker than most and provide goalkeepers with excellent grip throughout the game. This option even includes a reaction ball which can help you to practice your goalkeeping abilities and also get used to the gloves with it. They offer good quality for a fair price.
- These have protective features throughout the whole glove, which will keep your hands safe
- They are aesthetically pleasing, which makes them a great option for the fashion-conscious
- They are inexpensive and good quality, making them a good choice for budget shoppers
- They have optimal wrist protection, so you can depend on them during a game
- They are comfortable to wear, making it easy to use them throughout the game
- They don’t have as good a grip as some other options
- The FingerSaves feel a bit stiff
There’s no way you can ignore these bright-colored gloves. If you’re all about drawing attention to you, these are the ones you want to consider. They have a 4mm soft latex layer which helps you to get great grip and durability, which is extremely important for a goalkeeper.
With a special Kixgk Exo shock absorption feature, you can be sure that they will be comfortable to use. They also have 3mm foam latex, so you can get the breathability needed without sacrificing grip. This ensures that your hands stay cool and sweat-free. They also have breathable mesh, making them a great choice for those who live in warm climates.
The KixGK also have removable finger protection and the roll finger cut helps you to have a great grip of the ball.
Because the thumb is also an important component of catching a ball, it’s great that the Kixsports have a wrapped v-notch thumb. This helps to provide stability, so you can more easily control your ball catches.
They have a lightweight feel, so your hands don’t get tired from wearing them throughout a game. Because some games can last a long time, knowing that your gloves will feel like a part of you is a great feature. These gloves can be used by youth or adults.
- They provide great finger protection, so you can be sure you won’t get finger injuries
- They are comfortable to wear, which is important for the game
- They are reasonably priced, so you don’t have to worry about overspending
- They have a good grip, which is always important for a goalie
- They are lightweight and breathable, so your hands can stay cool
- Sizing runs small, so makes sure to choose wisely
- They don’t do well when used in the rain
These gloves look like they were made for royalty. With a unique design, you can be sure that you’ll stand out from the rest. Besides their great appearance, they also have some unique features that aren’t found just anywhere.
For example, these gloves have a backbone protection design that will help to absorb impact. The wrapped thumbs ensure that you have great control over the ball. The 3mm German latex foam palm helps you to get a good grip.
To ensure that your wrists stay injury-free, the Brine King Premiere gloves also have an elasticized wrist cuff. This EVA wristband provides the support you need without sacrificing flexibility and comfort. In fact, when it comes to wrist comfort and protection, these are king. If you happen to have weak wrists, you’ll want to protect them with an option like this one.
The Brine King Premiere offer a great grip and are comfortable. They offer durability and quality for a good price, as well. While they do tend to get dirty easily due to the light color, they are also easy to clean.
- They have great protection in key areas, making them a comfortable and dependable fit
- The wrist strap provides top support, which is always important to have
- They are an inexpensive option for those who don’t want to overspend
- They are comfortable to wear, which helps to make it easy to use them for hours on end
- They have a unique design, which is perfect for those who like to own unique gear
- The wrist straps require caution when tightening them
- They may feel too snug for some users due to their narrow design
They aren’t the prettiest, but they do provide comfortable features and are priced affordably. With a super soft foam backhand, you can feel comfortable wearing them without worrying about the ball’s impact.
They also have finger reinforcement frame to prevent your fingers from getting hyperextended. Although they do protect your fingers, you can also rest assured that they do allow free finger movement. Because it’s challenging to find the two components in one glove, the Vizari is an attractive choice for many.
Because wrists are easily injured in soccer, the fact that the Vizari Modena F.R.F has an 8cm elastic fitted wristband helps. It provides the support needed.
With a 3mm German latex palm, you can be sure to get the grip you need while still having the flexibility needed to catch the ball. Grip is everything for a goalkeeper, so these are a relatively dependable option. If you are looking for a reasonably priced option that offers a comfortable fit, choose these ones.
- They can last through a soccer season, making them a good option
- The stitching is done well, which aids durability
- They have great flexibility, so you can easily control movements
- They have a good grip for easy ball control
- They offer great finger protection, to keep your fingers from hyperextending
- They have a strong chemical smell, which can be a nuisance
- The sizing is off, so be careful when choosing your size
If there were ever a glove that could make you look cool, it would be the ExoShield Gladiator. Their sleek back, textured exterior with yellow detail helps you look like the professional you are. It’s not every day that one comes across such a great-looking pair of gloves, plus the fact that they offer great quality use.
The negative cut embossed palm is made from professional German latex and 3mm impact foam, so that your palms stay protected. The materials also help you to get a great grip. A 3.5mm German latex backhand with polybutylene punch zones also helps your ability to stop goals.
With military grade finger and thumb spines, your hands can stay protected throughout any and every game. The roll thumbs also help you have the best ball control possible. If you’re worried about your wrists, you’ll appreciate the latex wrist wrap that has a double Velcro touch-point. This feature helps to ensure comfort and support throughout the season. If you’re playing soccer in the summer months, you may be a bit concerned about sweating in latex gloves. The good news is that these gloves have a breathable mesh that allows for breathability.
The only thing to consider about these beautiful impact-resistant gloves is that they are pricier than most. If price doesn’t matter to you, the ExoShield have a great build and fantastic aesthetics. I know I would love a pair of these Gladiators myself.
- They have a tough exterior that can hold up to plenty of use, making them a durable choice
- The aesthetics on these gloves is gorgeous, making them a favorite choice for many
- They offer great wrist support, which is every goalkeepers’ dream
- The palm allows for a good grip in comfort, which is a highly attractive feature
- They are breathable enough to wear in the summer, making them ideal for use all year long
- They are a bit pricier than many options, which could be a factor
- The fingertips tend to wear out quickly
If you like a bit of pattern and design in your glove, the RE:LOAD have a lot going on. But, more than just their intricate design, they also have some interesting features. For example, the cut is rolled expanse ESS. The palm is ultra-soft which helps to keep your hand safe from impact.
With a flex and fuse latex strap with textile window, the strap provides support while still being breathable enough for wear in the summer. It also has a special elastic wrist bandage with pull loop, so you always get the best fit and therefore the best support. Always remember to look for wrist support, as when it comes to top injuries for goalkeepers, it’s usually wrist related.
With a latex backhand, goalkeepers can be sure to avoid balls slipping into the goalbox. If you like bright colors, patterns, and good fitting gloves, these are a dependable pair. While they do provide flexibility for easy movements, you still get plenty of resistance to ensure ball control.
- They have great quality latex, which helps to keep them working well for months to come
- They have a great grip, which is important for goalkeeping success
- They have a unique design that is attractive to most
- They are breathable enough to wear throughout warm months
- The wrist support is dependable, which is what goalies want
- They are a bit pricey, which may matter if you’re shopping on a budget
- They tend to wear out at about six months of use
If you’re looking for a cheap goalkeeper gloves, these Reusch ones are affordable. Whether you’re shopping for junior or looking for yourself, they won’t break the bank. With a natural and synthetic latex blend, they have a decent quality palm. It’s soft and comfortable and you can expect a decent grip with this pair of gloves.
They have an eye-catching design that is fun and original. With embossed foam throughout the exterior, the glove is flexible and allows for better movement during a game. The finger support stays protect the fingers and thumb from injury. They are also flexible enough for easy finger transitioning in the game. Flexibility plus protection is a must when it comes to a goalkeeper’s fingers.
With a full strap and wrist bandage closure, this glove provides decent wrist support. If you want a pair of soccer gloves that will provide you with a few months of use, these are okay. They are priced affordably, so you don’t have to worry about spending too much. Just be aware that you may need to replace them in a few months’ time.
- They provide finger protection, which is a must have feature for best goalie gloves
- The wrist bandage provides great support, so you don’t have to worry about wrist injury
- The palm is soft, so they are comfortable to use
- They are an inexpensive option for those who don’t want to pay a lot for gloves
- They have a bright, attractive design, which makes them a stylish choice for many
- The palm tends to be the first part to go, which makes them less durable than other options
- They are not as durable as other options
What Features You Need To Focus On
So, now that you have an idea of what’s available, you may want to make a decision. How do you know which option will be the best for you? To help you decide what to look for when shopping, make sure to consider the features below. They will help to give you an idea on what really matters when it comes to comfort, safety, and ball control with gloves.
The palm area is very important for catching the ball. As a goalkeeper, you’ll want to catch balls much more than not. Look for ones with soft padding and latex materials so you can have comfort and protection, as well as great grip.
Remember to always look for a glove with a palm that promises good grip. After all, without good grip, you can be sure that your goalie days won’t last long.
It can be irritating to try to play a game with your hands sweating the entire time. It can also affect your success. To ensure that you feel comfortable and win games, invest in a pair of gloves that provide breathability.
Some options include mesh between the fingers and this is beneficial. It helps to keep your entire hand cool and helps you to be able to wear the gloves for longer.
A lot of finger issues happen with goalies who don’t protect their hands well. One of the most important things that you can consider when shopping is how well the finger protection is.
You want a glove that keeps your fingers safe-whether they have spines or not-while also allowing flexibility. You want to be able to move but also have the protection needed for your fingers. Always look for optimum finger protection. If you find an option that doesn’t have the best reviews concerning FingerSaves, look elsewhere.
A sprained wrist is no fun at all. Just imagine playing a game and a ball that has been kicked with amazing power hits your wrist. Without support, your wrist could end up seriously injured.
You want to look for designs that have elasticity for flexibility but that also provide top support for your wrists. Being able to keep your wrists in place is key to keeping them safe from injuries on the field.
Fit, Design, and Comfort
Be careful about sizing charts. Sometimes they may be a bit off and if you spend a lot of money on gloves, you may not want them to be too small. A glove that is too small is extremely uncomfortable to play in. One that is too big will mean a lot of missed chances to catch the ball.
If you are concerned about design, the above options have a lot of amazing features and cool designs. Some are stylish, so if style matters to you, you have plenty to choose from. Just bear in mind that function is always more important than beauty when it comes to goalkeeping gloves.
Don’t forget comfort when shopping for gloves. Uncomfortable gloves mean that you may not play as great as you can. To ensure that you catch the ball when it comes your way, make sure that your glove fits and feels comfortable to wear.
While some with cushioning may feel comfortable, be aware that this could mean that they feel heavy, which is also something that you may not want.
Do you love the options above? Some may seem perfect in every way while others may not be your cup of tea. It’s all about personal preference and what you’re willing to spend. For example, the ExoShield Gladiator are incredible in my books. Even if they are a bit pricey, I love their look and their overall features. They also look like they are pro enough and would stand up to a lot of pressure and months of use.
Of course, if you’re shopping on a budget, then you may not want to spend too much on just the gloves. After all, you have to get other gear too. For an affordable price, I would say that the Brine King Premiere are pretty decent. They are definitely original looking, so you can be sure that you will have a unique style on the field.
Whichever pair you choose, make sure it’s one that will keep your hands safe. Don’t sacrifice your health and wholeness for a pair that won’t. Which pair of goalkeeper gloves with finger protection do you like the best?