I’m always surprised by how many women I see using fat burners that are not specifically formulated for women. The problem is, that most products are far too strong and stimulating.
As a result, you’d have to work out how much less of it you would need to take in order to avoid over-stimulation and problems with nighttime sleep.
A far better option is to use ones that are specifically designed for women, in order to give extra energy and melt away some unwanted body fat.
So, we sat down as a team, spent hours reading thousands of online reviews, and spoke with the dietitians we work with to come up with a list of ideal items for women.
Our Top 8 Best Fat Burner For Women Recommendations
#1 - LeanBean (Editor's Choice)
||5.0 stars out of 5|
#2 - PowHer Fat Burner For Women
||4.5 stars out of 5|
#3 - Phen24
||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 8 Best Fat Burner For Women Recommendations
- 2 Do Fat Burners Really Work?
- 3 How Do Fat Burners Work?
- 4 Tips To Get The Most Out Of Them
- 5 Do Fat Burners Have Side Effects?
- 6 What Natural Fat Burners Should You Look For?
- 7 Are There Ingredients You Should Avoid?
- 8 Bottom Line: What Is The Best Fat Burner For Women?
Based on the feedback I got from a dietitian, LeanBean should be considered one of the top-rated fat burners for women
Many reviews mention how great it is that this fat burner was designed specifically for women’s unique needs and that it works quite effectively on their metabolism.
Women who have used LeanBean like how it is made from natural ingredients and many state that it offers a great energy stimulation for workouts as well. So, you get to enjoy getting rid of even more flabby stuff.
With four top appetite suppressants included in the mix, it can help you to avoid binge eating, which is great in world where you’re surrounded by temptations.
The other thing that stood out for me is the fact that I couldn’t find any reviews that complained about side effects and over-stimulation.
If you’re looking for a transparent company that makes a solution designed especially for women, Lean Bean really is a great choice for you to make.
- It is made from natural ingredients, so you don’t have to worry about giving your body harmful chemicals.
- Women who use it appreciate the added energy which helps them to get through their workouts more easily.
- Reviews mention how it acts as an appetite suppressant, which can be beneficial for weight loss.
- The company is clear and transparent about what is inside.
- Users mention that it doesn’t cause them to feel dizzy or nauseated.
- We’re still trying to find one.
One of the latest items we put through our research and testing process is PowHer. Some of our team have been using the PowHer pre-workout supplement for quite a while now, so we had to give this one a try.
The first thing that stands out is a good dose of Konjac root which has been shown to really help fill you up. If you’re on a net negative calorie diet, then this can help you avoid the awful food cravings.
What I really like is the real natural caffeine has been sourced from Arabica beans. With 100 mg of caffeine, this is not a dose that is too high for women so you’ll avoid the jitters but still stimulate your metabolism.
Just try to avoid taking it too late in the day.
The recommendation is to take 2 capsules with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I would suggest not taking it on an empty stomach. There’s a good dose of iron that can sometimes cause some stomach upset.
- Konjac root helps to fill you up and feel less hungry
- Contains real natural caffeine from arabica beans
- Added choline is an important nutrient for processing stored and dietary fat
- Dosage has been determined specifically for women
- Some added minerals including magnesium, chromium, and iron
- Make sure you take it with food to avoid stomach upset
Phen24 is a slightly different product that actually combines two supplements into one. First of all, the daytime pills have some good reviews about being effective for burning some extra calories.
When this is combined with a healthy diet and exercising, it will likely trigger those stubborn fat reserves you want to get rid of.
The second part to the product is a nighttime pill that aims to help you get a better night’s sleep while at the same time burning off some extra calories through your thermogenic metabolism.
I can’t say for sure how well it works for calorie burning, but there are a lot of women that positively review it for its ability to stop hunger cravings. It’s usually binge eating or sugary treats late in the evening that can do the most damage.
The only downside I found is that I would have liked to have seen some melatonin to help you get to sleep.
- Combination of separate pills for day and night time use
- Low on stimulants to reduce sleep disruptions
- Reduces food cravings in the evening, when they do most damage
- Helps to burn some extra calories
- Some melatonin for better sleep would be great
Instant Knockout has fat burning supplements for both men and women, so if you’re looking for a fat burner, you could try their option for women.
Those who have used this fat burner for women appreciated that they are effective in suppressing your appetite. It’s easy to feel full even for longer fasting times.
Some reviewers mentioned that it might be better to take the pills throughout the day and not too close to bedtime, due to the fact that they do provide an energy increase. The same energy stimulation is actually positive, as it helps to have the focus and power for your workouts.
Users commented that they begin to see results in less than a month, and many who have used it, dropped the amount of weight that they were hoping to lose.
It isn’t the most affordable option out there, but it does provide the kick of energy, metabolism boost, and appetite suppression that you may be looking for.
- It is said to be effective in curbing junk food cravings, which will help you stick to a healthy diet.
- Reviewers mentioned how it helped them to gain lean muscle and keep their binge eating at bay.
- It is effective in providing an energy boost, so you can use it as a pre-workout supplement as well.
- It is made from great, natural ingredients that make it an effective fat burner.
- It can help you to increase your metabolism.
- It may keep you up at night if you take it before bed.
Transparent Labs is said to be great for suppressing appetite. Many users also appreciate the energy kick they get when taking it before a trip to the gym.
Unlike some other fat burners out there, this one doesn’t cause the jitters, so if you’re prone to getting shaky on most stimulants, you may like this option.
Users appreciate that two pills a day is enough for what they need, as some others require you to take four for similar results and that can be a challenge to keep up with.
Many reviews mention how effective these fat burning supplements are, with some claiming up to 40+ lbs of weight loss.
It is said to provide long-lasting energy throughout the day without making you crash by the end of it. It is also good for mental function, so if you are having a hard time staying focused on your workouts, this might just be the motivation you need.
- It helps to curb appetite, so it can be used to avoid binge eating or giving in to junk food cravings.
- It enhances focus, so you can last longer at the gym and throughout your day.
- It provides a great energy boost without the after-workout crash that is common with poor-quality fat burners.
- It is made from safe ingredients.
- It is decently priced, so you can get a good supplement, for less.
- One reviewer had an allergic reaction to it, which could be due to an intolerance to one of the ingredients.
As one of the most affordable options out there, Lean XT is a favorite non-stimulant fat burner. Claiming to be an appetite suppressant, many users found this to be true of the LeanXT and liked how it helped them to control their cravings.
Users also appreciate that the manufacturers offer great customer service, which is great should you run into any problems. Many reviews stated how they appreciated how it doesn’t cause jitters or crashes.
LeanXT helps to keep your body from storing fat, thanks to the metabolic boosters, and also assists you in burning calories. If you are sensitive to caffeine or stimulants, this option may be the perfect choice for you.
While it does have a slight amount of caffeine in the green tea extract, it doesn’t contain as much as most other options.
The lack of fillers also helps you to know that you’re getting a safe and clean supplement to help you reach your weight loss goals.
- It offers fair quality at an affordable price.
- It is a non-stimulant option that will keep you from getting jittery.
- It helps improve metabolic function.
- Reviews state that it is effective in appetite suppression.
- May provides antioxidants through green tea extract.
- Claims not to contain caffeine but does contain a small amount.
If you’re searching for something that won’t break the bank, RSP QuadraLean could be great for you. With Green Tea Extract, you get enough stimulant for an energy boost but not too much that you’ll get the jitters. This ingredient is also great for appetite control, as well as antioxidant support.
It’s GMP certified, so you can trust that the ingredients are safe. This is important, as some manufacturers tend to use fillers or ingredients that are not safe for consumption. Users state that in combination with a healthy diet and exercise, they saw the pounds drop off.
Some reviewers did mention that they felt a bit nauseated with this supplement, so you may want to be sure that you don’t have allergies to any of the ingredients. Users like how it is easy on the stomach and doesn’t cause belly-aches, which is common with poor-quality supplements.
- Claims to be easy on the stomach.
- It doesn’t cause jitters and insomnia.
- It can be combined with other health supplements.
- While it does contain a small amount of caffeine, it’s not enough to keep you up at night.
- It is GMP certified, so you can be sure that you’re taking something safe.
- It’s not as good at appetite suppression as some other options.
- It states it is stimulant-free but contains green tea extract, which has some caffeine.
This is one of the more affordable fat burning supplements, and despite not being the most effective, it’s still a good choice for tight budgets.
With green coffee bean extract, you’ll get the energy you need for fat burning. Containing CLA, you’ll also get metabolism support benefits.
Many reviewers stated that it helped them to suppress cravings and avoid binge eating. Women also mentioned how they appreciated the fact that they got the energy boost they wanted for better workouts without the jitters or crashes that accompany some weight loss supplements.
Some people mentioned how they did get a bit queasy, so you may want to check out ingredients before purchase. Others didn’t appreciate the pill size, as well.
Many women who used it claimed to lose quite a bit of weight when taking it with a healthy diet and exercise. Others say how it gives them enough energy to stay focused during workouts.
- The ingredients are designed to help you build lean muscle.
- It contains L-carnitine, which is great for muscle growth.
- The green coffee bean extract is ideal for an energy boost.
- It’s not only good for burning calories but muscle recovery as well.
- Users claimed to lose weight while using it.
- Some people experienced nausea.
- It doesn’t provide as much of an energy boost as some other options.
Do Fat Burners Really Work?
As you consider the choices mentioned above, there may be a few questions on your mind, such as if fat burners actually work. It’s a valid question. Whether it costs $15 or it costs $50, you don’t want to spend money on something that won’t give you the benefits you’re hoping for.
The answer is that yes, most fat burners will work. It is largely dependent on the product itself, the ingredients and formula, etc. But, something else that plays a big factor in if fat burners will work for you is if you’re eating right and exercising right.
You can’t just take fat burners and live a sedentary lifestyle without changing your diet. They aren’t miracle diet pills or some laxative that will make the pounds simply drop off. What it will do is aid you in your efforts and help you to see quicker results.
How Do Fat Burners Work?
Here is some quick information on how they work:
This is how your body works to burn calories for energy, which also triggers fat metabolism. Exercise does this for your body, but supplements may also help with the thermogenic metabolism process that you need for a weight loss phase.
Lipolysis is your body’s metabolism that turns fat into glycerol and fatty acids. This, in turn, means that your body uses them for fuel and the production of hormones that encourage fat loss.
Tips To Get The Most Out Of Them
These aren’t some type of miracle diet pills, as much as it does benefit your efforts to lose body weight and fat. Here are a couple of tips to ensure that you get the most out of your efforts and supplement:
- Don’t just do cardio. While cardio is all well and good, if you’re hoping to burn calories and drop the pounds, you’re going to want to do strength training as well, while combining your efforts with these supplements or capsules. Work out with weights or do some type of higher-intensity workouts during the time that you’re taking fat burners to see the best results.
- It could be good to switch supplements every now and then. Your body tends to get used to a product and will start working against it. To avoid this, change up your favorite products every so often. Just always make sure to choose the best ones for your needs.
- When choosing your supplement categories, avoid one with too many stimulants. If you’re already taking one that is strong in stimulants, avoid consuming more in other forms.
- Make sure that you take breaks. Don’t take them throughout the whole year. If you plan on following a weight loss plan and workout routine throughout the year, consider planning off-times.
- Don’t expect the impossible. It’s never a good idea to lose too much weight too quickly. For one, you’re bound to put it back on just as quickly and two, if you do lose weight that quickly, you’re bound to be doing it in an unhealthy way. Don’t take more diet pills than recommended on the label.
Do you work out regularly? Are you eating a healthy diet? Then yes, fat burners may help you to get those “miracle” results you’re looking for.
Do Fat Burners Have Side Effects?
As you consider purchasing one of the above-mentioned fat burners, you could be curious about what to expect. Many promise great results, but you also know that many of them may also have side effects. Do fat burners?
Unfortunately, there are a few minor ones to consider before purchasing, as it will help you to know what to avoid. For example:
- Some fat burners cause allergic reactions. It is very important to pay attention to what is inside of your fat burner, as you may have an intolerance in terms of one of the ingredients. For example, a product may also contain an ingredient derived from dairy, and if you’re lactose intolerant, this could be cause for some type of reaction to the fat loss ingredients.
- Some may cause mood swings, depending on the stimulants they contain. If you’re sensitive to a stimulant like caffeine, you may find yourself with mood swings from taking one of these. If you know that you can suffer insomnia or moodiness from stimulants, search for a product that doesn’t contain a large amount or that is stimulant-free.
Your weight loss goals aren’t worth your peace of mind if the supplement you choose causes you to have a rough time.
- Some cause upset stomachs, bloat, and gas. This could be related to the fact that you have some type of intolerance to the ingredients or that the product contains fillers that aren’t good for you.
It is sometimes hard to know right away if a supplement is going to cause an upset stomach, and you may only find out by trial and error. Make sure to read reviews before purchase, and check if there is an overwhelming amount of reviews about stomach issues like diarrhea and constipation.
Gas and bloat could be because you have an intolerance to the ingredients in the fat burner.
- ·Some fat burners contain ingredients that are not good for you. Not every manufacturer is as transparent as they should be, and there may be some options that contain ingredients that are not stated in the label.
These could cause side effects if you happen to have an adverse reaction or sensitivity to something in the product. While they may be a bit pricier than most, try to find an option that is certified, or FDA approved. This way, you can have a transparent label that contains what it says it contains.
- Some women may get jittery from their weight loss capsules. Because a lot of them contain stimulants or caffeine, you may get jitters or crashes from using them. This may not be a terrible, life-threatening side effect, but it can be annoying.
Something to consider is if you have heart issue history in your family. Sometimes, those with significant levels of stimulants may cause heart palpitations. Be careful with those that state that they don’t have caffeine but do have green tea extract. While may only be a small amount of caffeine, there is still some in green tea extract to be accounted for.
- Some women end up becoming “immune” to the metabolism-boosting effect from fat burners. If you overdo it on fat burners and take them for too long, your body may end up becoming immune to the effects.
It’s good to take breaks and give your body a rest from these types of supplements and helps you to keep reaping the benefits—as mentioned above in ‘Do Fat Burners Really Work?’
While there can be a few minor side effects, for the most part, it’s about finding the right option for you. When you do, you can expect all the benefits without the negative effects. Take your time to find the product that is best for you.
What Natural Fat Burners Should You Look For?
As you search for the best female fat burner, there are some ingredients that you want to look for. The best thermogenic for women doesn’t have to have all of these ingredients, but it should contain a couple of them. Take a look:
Green Tea Extract
Green tea extract is known to be a great energy booster without being too heavy on you, especially for those who may be sensitive to higher levels of caffeine.
Not only is it helpful for focus, but it also provides your body with the high antioxidant content it needs. It’s an ideal stimulant to look for in the best weight loss supplements.
If you’re not sensitive to caffeine and really want to get a big increase of energy from your fat burner supplement, you’re going to want to consider looking for an option that contains caffeine in it.
It will ensure that you get moving and out of your seat, so that you can potentially get the gains at the gym or wherever you may get exercise.
In addition to that, it may work as a thermogenic metabolism booster as well.
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee bean extract is beneficial for your fitness goals as it helps to keep blood sugar levels from spiking, especially after eating a high carb meal. It can help you to have high energy for your workout so that you can burn more calories. It also helps your body to absorb less blood glucose and in turn, your food into fuel.
Cayenne pepper is helpful for those who want to eat less. If you happen to binge-eat a lot, cayenne pepper is the ingredient to look for in your supplement, so that you can avoid overeating and suppress your appetite.
Similar to caffeine, it’s also believed to jump start your metabolism.
An important amino acid, L-Theanine, is found in many supplements and can be beneficial in burning fat, along with caffeine. It aids in muscle recovery and is an overall beneficial ingredient in any type of supplement for any type of fitness goal and an important ingredient that you want to find in any supplement that you’re considering.
This Asian spice is common in curries, but it may also help you to stimulate metabolic activity. I usually take it in the form of capsules, but if you can find a supplement on the market that already contains it, then that would be a bonus.
Garcinia Cambogia has become very popular in health food stores, and it’s certainly something you may want to try and add to your smoothies. But in extract form, it could help with some added appetite suppression.
Are There Ingredients You Should Avoid?
While there are a lot of good ingredients to look for in your supplements for women, there are also some not-so-great ones. Here are some of the ingredients that you should watch out for:
It is said that DMAE is helpful when burning fat and helps with cognitive function. Unfortunately, it does not. Instead, it can lead to stomach issues like constipation and bloat, and worse yet, can even cause insomnia, manic episodes, and migraines. Just say no to DMAE.
Ephedra used to be a popular ingredient in weight loss supplements until the FDA banned it, due to many deaths being attributed to the ingredient.
It’s not allowed in normal supplements that you may be checking out, but be careful when shopping online, as some cheap, poor-quality ones may actually still contain it. This is why it is a good idea to do your research when shopping online and looking for cheap options—they are not always what they claim to be.
If you are at all sensitive to stimulants, stay far away from DMAA. Women who have used it have been known to have high blood pressure, cerebral hemorrhages, and even death. If you see it on the label, just don’t even go close to it.
There are a couple of reasons why you should avoid Synephrine. One reason is that while it’s okay to consume a little bit of this ingredient, taking too much can lead to an elevated heart rate and even fainting.
The second reason is that it can make you test positive on a drug test. If that’s something that you have to be concerned about for your job, you should definitely avoid any that contain Synephrine (also known as Bitter Orange Extract).
You may have an intolerance to dairy or to gluten, and while most fat burners for women don’t contain either, you want to always double check. This is why checking out labels and ingredients can be a good idea.
You don’t want to end up with adverse reactions because a manufacturer decided to put unnecessary fillers in their supplement. It is always best to buy clean products anyway, so avoid the options that are big on fillers and unnecessary ingredients.
The better products on the market won’t have these ingredients, especially those that are GMP certified or FDA approved.
If you’re checking out supplements that have yet to be approved, you may want to take your time reading the fine print before purchase. It is always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to ones that you will regularly be taking.
Bottom Line: What Is The Best Fat Burner For Women?
With a wide range of options to choose from, how do you know which one to pick? While only you will know what is best for your body and needs, our personal advice would have to be LeanBean.
Why do we like it so much? The great thing about this option is that it was specifically designed for women. With a balanced formula created for your specific needs, you won’t have to worry about all the extras that won’t do anything good for you.
It does a good job of appetite suppression, so you may be sure to eat less and consume healthier foods while avoiding binge eating. It has also been known to be effective in helping women get rid of fat.
It is made from 12 ingredients that are all good for you and is high in antioxidants and vitamins. If you try to avoid eating foods and consuming products that are not vegan-friendly, you’ll appreciate that this one is.
The bottom line is that when it comes to the best fat burners for women, this one takes our top spot.
If you’ve tried any of these products then let us know in the website comments below or on our Facebook page.