I’m always surprised by how many women I see using fat burners that are not specifically formulated for women. The problem is, that most products are far too strong and stimulating.
As a result, you’d have to work out how much less of it you would need to take in order to avoid over-stimulation and problems with nighttime sleep.
And then there are all those hyped up and celebrity-endorsed fat burners that end up doing absolutely nothing.
With the help of our trusted dietitian, we managed to research and test out 43 different fat burners, to see how they might help.
Let’s take a look.
Our Top 8 Best Fat Burners For Women
| #1 - LeanBean (Editor's Choice) ||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - PhenGold ||4.0 stars out of 5|
| #3 - PowHer Fat Burner For Women ||4.5 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 8 Best Fat Burners For Women
- 2 Do Fat Burners Really Work?
- 3 How Do Fat Burners Work?
- 4 Tips To Get The Most Out Of Them
- 5 Do Fat Burners Have Side Effects?
- 6 What Natural Fat Burners Should You Look For?
- 7 Are There Ingredients You Should Avoid?
- 8 Bottom Line: What Is The Best Fat Burner For Women?
Based on the feedback from our team, clients, and our dietitian, LeanBean should be considered one of the top-rated fat burners for women
Many reviews mention how great it is that this fat burner was designed specifically for women’s unique needs and that it works quite effectively on their metabolism.
Women who have used LeanBean like how it is made from natural ingredients and many state that it offers a great energy stimulation for workouts and family llife.
So, you get to enjoy getting rid of even more flabby stuff.
With four top appetite suppressants included in the mix, it can help you to avoid snacking, which is great in a world where you’re surrounded by temptations .
The other thing that stood out for me is the fact that I couldn’t find any reviews that complained about side effects and over-stimulation.
If you’re looking for a transparent company that makes a solution designed especially for women, Lean Bean really is a great choice for you to make.
- Contains only natural ingredients with no harmful additives
- Increased energy levels help you get through workouts more easily
- Positive reviews about appetite suppression to make fasting easier
- The company is clear and transparent about all the ingredients
- Doesn’t result in overstimulation or jittery feeling
- We’re still trying to find one.
PhenGold is one of the latest products that claims to take an entirely natural approach to boosting your metabolism .
We looked at all the ingredients with our dietitian, and she confirmed that they provide a positive combination.
It’s also suitable for any women who tend to be more sensitive to stimulants that might make them jittery.
You also have 100 days to try it out to see what kind of results it provides, which gives you a long risk-free trial.
I can’t say for sure how well it works for calorie burning, but there are a lot of women that positively review it for its ability to stop hunger cravings. It’s usually binge eating or sugary treats late in the evening that can do the most damage.
The only downside I found is that I would have liked to have seen some melatonin to help you get to sleep.
- Provides good appetite suppression to stop snacking
- Limited use of stimulants to not make you jittery
- Naturally boosts your metabolism
- Available with great bulk discount offers
- Some people find the capsules a little bit large
One of the latest supplements we put through our research and testing process is PowHer.
Some of our team have been using the PowHer pre-workout supplement for quite a while now, so we had to give this one a try.
The first thing that stands out is a good dose of Konjac root which research has shown to really help fill you up.
If you’re on a net negative calorie diet, then this might help you avoid the awful food cravings.
What I really like is the real natural caffeine has been sourced from Arabica beans. With 100 mg of caffeine, this is not a dose that is too high for women so you’ll avoid the jitters but still stimulate your metabolism.
Just try to avoid taking it too late in the day.
The recommendation is to take 2 capsules with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I would suggest not taking it on an empty stomach. There’s a good dose of iron that can sometimes cause some stomach upset .
- Konjac root helps to fill you up and feel less hungry for easier fasting
- Contains real natural caffeine for a mental boost
- Added choline is an important nutrient for processing stored and dietary fat
- The dosage has been designed specifically for women
- Some added minerals including magnesium, chromium, and iron
- Make sure you don’t take it late in the day to avoid a sleepless night
Hourglass is a vegan suitable fat burner that may be particularly helpful to suppress your appetite.
Women have found that they don’t reach for treats as often, which can be one of the main reasons for struggling with fat loss.
We also liked the added zinc, chromium, and B vitamins that should help with boosting your immune system. The combination of better immunity and effective metabolism could make quite a difference in how you feel.
You’ll just have to set a reminder to maybe spread out the 4 capsules each day.
- Positive comments from women who found it help avoid snacking
- Specifically designed for the female body
- May give you an immune boost with added zinc
- Non-stimulating option to not mess up your sleep
- You’ll need to remember to take 4 capsules per day
Instant Knockout is one of the more popular options for performance athletes who want to avoid losing muscle mass during a cutting phase.
It should also help with appetite suppression, with many users saying that they can get longer in between meals.
The energy released from fat might also help if you take these before a workout to get through your training plan with more endurance.
Users commented that they begin to see results in less than a month, and many who have used it, dropped the amount of weight that they were hoping to lose.
Just avoid taking it later in the day as it might mess with your sleep pattern.
- Effective in curbing junk food cravings, which should help avoid snacking
- Reviewers mentioned how it helped them to maintain lean muscle
- A good energy boost makes it suitable as pre-workout supplement as well
- It is made from natural ingredients that make it an effective fat burner
- It may keep you up at night if you take it before bed.
As one of the most affordable options out there, Lean XT is a favorite non-stimulant fat burner.
Many reviews stated how they appreciated how it doesn’t cause jitters or crashes, and it should curb your hunger cravings.
LeanXT helps to keep your body from storing fat, thanks to the metabolic boosters, and also assists you in burning calories.
While it does have a slight amount of caffeine in the green tea extract, it doesn’t contain as much as most other options.
- Offers fair quality at an affordable price
- A non-stimulant option that will keep you from getting jittery
- It helps improve metabolic function
- Reviews state that it is effective in appetite suppression
- May provide antioxidants through green tea extract
- Claims not to contain caffeine but does contain a small amount.
Transparent Labs is said to be great for suppressing appetite. Many users also appreciate the energy kick they get when taking it before a trip to the gym.
Users appreciate that two pills a day is enough for what they need, as some others require you to take four for similar results and that can be a challenge to keep up with.
It is said to provide long-lasting energy throughout the day without making you crash by the end of it.
Just keep in mind that you want to avoid taking it later in the day due to the stimulants.
- May curb appetite, so it can be used to avoid giving in to junk food cravings.
- Enhances focus, so you can last longer at the gym and throughout your day.
- Good energy boost without the after-workout crash that is common with poor-quality fat burners.
- Good bulk offers and subscriptions available
- There’s quite a high dose of stimulants
This is one of the more affordable fat burning supplements, and despite not being the most effective, it’s still a good choice for tight budgets.
With green coffee bean extract, you’ll get the energy you need for fat burning. Containing CLA, you’ll also get metabolism support benefits.
Many reviewers stated that it helped them to suppress cravings and avoid binge eating. Women also mentioned how they appreciated the fact that they got the energy boost they wanted for better workouts without the jitters or crashes that accompany some weight loss supplements.
Some people mentioned how they did get a bit queasy, so you may want to check out ingredients before purchase. Others didn’t appreciate the pill size, as well.
Many women who used it claimed to lose quite a bit of weight when taking it with a healthy diet and exercise. Others say how it gives them enough energy to stay focused during workouts.
- The ingredients are designed to help you build lean muscle.
- It contains L-carnitine, which is great for muscle growth.
- The green coffee bean extract is ideal for an energy boost.
- It’s not only good for burning calories but muscle recovery as well.
- Users claimed to lose weight while using it.
- Some people experienced nausea.
- It doesn’t provide as much of an energy boost as some other options.
Do Fat Burners Really Work?
As you consider the choices mentioned above, there may be a few questions on your mind, such as if fat burners actually work. It’s a valid question. Whether it costs $15 or it costs $50, you don’t want to spend money on something that won’t give you the benefits you’re hoping for.
The answer is that yes, most fat burners will work. It is largely dependent on the product itself, the ingredients and formula, etc. But, something else that plays a big factor in if fat burners will work for you is if you’re eating right and exercising right.
You can’t just take fat burners and live a sedentary lifestyle without changing your diet. They aren’t miracle diet pills or some laxative that will make the pounds simply drop off. What it will do is aid you in your efforts and help you to see quicker results.
How Do Fat Burners Work?
Here is some quick information on how they work:
This is how your body works to burn calories for energy, which also triggers fat metabolism. Exercise does this for your body, but supplements may also help with the thermogenic metabolism process that you need for a weight loss phase.
Lipolysis is your body’s metabolism that turns fat into glycerol and fatty acids. This, in turn, means that your body uses them for fuel and the production of hormones that encourage fat loss.
Tips To Get The Most Out Of Them
These aren’t some type of miracle diet pills, as much as it does benefit your efforts to lose body weight and fat. Here are a couple of tips to ensure that you get the most out of your efforts and supplement:
- Don’t just do cardio. While cardio is all well and good, if you’re hoping to burn calories and drop the pounds, you’re going to want to do strength training as well, while combining your efforts with these supplements or capsules. Work out with weights or do some type of higher-intensity workouts during the time that you’re taking fat burners to see the best results.
- It could be good to switch supplements every now and then. Your body tends to get used to a product and will start working against it. To avoid this, change up your favorite products every so often. Just always make sure to choose the best ones for your needs.
- When choosing your supplement categories, avoid one with too many stimulants. If you’re already taking one that is strong in stimulants, avoid consuming more in other forms.
- Make sure that you take breaks. Don’t take them throughout the whole year. If you plan on following a weight loss plan and workout routine throughout the year, consider planning off-times.
- Don’t expect the impossible. It’s never a good idea to lose too much weight too quickly. For one, you’re bound to put it back on just as quickly and two, if you do lose weight that quickly, you’re bound to be doing it in an unhealthy way. Don’t take more diet pills than recommended on the label.
Do you work out regularly? Are you eating a healthy diet? Then yes, fat burners may help you to get those “miracle” results you’re looking for.
Do Fat Burners Have Side Effects?
As you consider purchasing one of the above-mentioned fat burners, you could be curious about what to expect. Many promise great results, but you also know that many of them may also have side effects. Do fat burners?
Unfortunately, there are a few minor ones to consider before purchasing, as it will help you to know what to avoid. For example:
- Some fat burners cause allergic reactions. It is very important to pay attention to what is inside of your fat burner, as you may have an intolerance in terms of one of the ingredients. For example, a product may also contain an ingredient derived from dairy, and if you’re lactose intolerant, this could be cause for some type of reaction to the fat loss ingredients.
- Some may cause mood swings, depending on the stimulants they contain. If you’re sensitive to a stimulant like caffeine, you may find yourself with mood swings from taking one of these. If you know that you can suffer insomnia or moodiness from stimulants, search for a product that doesn’t contain a large amount or that is stimulant-free.
Your weight loss goals aren’t worth your peace of mind if the supplement you choose causes you to have a rough time.
- Some cause upset stomachs, bloat, and gas. This could be related to the fact that you have some type of intolerance to the ingredients or that the product contains fillers that aren’t good for you.
It is sometimes hard to know right away if a supplement is going to cause an upset stomach, and you may only find out by trial and error. Make sure to read reviews before purchase, and check if there is an overwhelming amount of reviews about stomach issues like diarrhea and constipation.
Gas and bloat could be because you have an intolerance to the ingredients in the fat burner.
- ·Some fat burners contain ingredients that are not good for you. Not every manufacturer is as transparent as they should be, and there may be some options that contain ingredients that are not stated in the label.
These could cause side effects if you happen to have an adverse reaction or sensitivity to something in the product. While they may be a bit pricier than most, try to find an option that is certified, or FDA approved. This way, you can have a transparent label that contains what it says it contains.
- Some women may get jittery from their weight loss capsules. Because a lot of them contain stimulants or caffeine, you may get jitters or crashes from using them. This may not be a terrible, life-threatening side effect, but it can be annoying.
Something to consider is if you have heart issue history in your family. Sometimes, those with significant levels of stimulants may cause heart palpitations. Be careful with those that state that they don’t have caffeine but do have green tea extract. While may only be a small amount of caffeine, there is still some in green tea extract to be accounted for.
- Some women end up becoming “immune” to the metabolism-boosting effect from fat burners. If you overdo it on fat burners and take them for too long, your body may end up becoming immune to the effects.
It’s good to take breaks and give your body a rest from these types of supplements and helps you to keep reaping the benefits—as mentioned above in ‘Do Fat Burners Really Work?’
While there can be a few minor side effects, for the most part, it’s about finding the right option for you. When you do, you can expect all the benefits without the negative effects. Take your time to find the product that is best for you.
What Natural Fat Burners Should You Look For?
As you search for the best female fat burner, there are some ingredients that you want to look for. The best thermogenic for women doesn’t have to have all of these ingredients, but it should contain a couple of them. Take a look:
Green Tea Extract
Green tea extract is known to be a great energy booster without being too heavy on you, especially for those who may be sensitive to higher levels of caffeine.
Not only is it helpful for focus, but it also provides your body with the high antioxidant content it needs . It’s an ideal stimulant to look for in the best weight loss supplements.
If you’re not sensitive to caffeine and really want to get a big increase of energy from your fat burner supplement, you’re going to want to consider looking for an option that contains caffeine in it.
It will ensure that you get moving and out of your seat, so that you can potentially get the gains at the gym or wherever you may get exercise.
In addition to that, it may work as a thermogenic metabolism booster as well.
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green coffee bean extract is beneficial for your fitness goals as it helps to keep blood sugar levels from spiking, especially after eating a high carb meal. It can help you to have high energy for your workout so that you can burn more calories. It also helps your body to absorb less blood glucose and in turn, your food into fuel.
Cayenne pepper is helpful for those who want to eat less. If you happen to binge-eat a lot, cayenne pepper is the ingredient to look for in your supplement, so that you can avoid overeating and suppress your appetite.
Similar to caffeine, it’s also believed to jump-start your metabolism .
An important amino acid, L-Theanine, is found in many supplements and can be beneficial in burning fat, along with caffeine.
It may help with muscle recovery  and is an overall beneficial ingredient in any type of supplement for any type of fitness goal and an important ingredient that you want to find in any supplement that you’re considering.
This Asian spice is common in curries, but it may also help you to stimulate metabolic activity. I usually take it in the form of capsules, but if you can find a supplement on the market that already contains it, then that would be a bonus.
Garcinia Cambogia has become very popular in health food stores, and it’s certainly something you may want to try and add to your smoothies. But in extract form, it could help with some added appetite suppression.
Are There Ingredients You Should Avoid?
While there are a lot of good ingredients to look for in your supplements for women, there are also some not-so-great ones. Here are some of the ingredients that you should watch out for:
It is said that DMAE is helpful when burning fat and helps with cognitive function. Unfortunately, it does not. Instead, it can lead to stomach issues like constipation and bloat, and worse yet, can even cause insomnia, manic episodes, and migraines. Just say no to DMAE.
Ephedra used to be a popular ingredient in weight loss supplements until the FDA banned it, due to many deaths being attributed to the ingredient.
It’s not allowed in normal supplements that you may be checking out, but be careful when shopping online, as some cheap, poor-quality ones may actually still contain it. This is why it is a good idea to do your research when shopping online and looking for cheap options—they are not always what they claim to be.
If you are at all sensitive to stimulants, stay far away from DMAA. Women who have used it have been known to have high blood pressure, cerebral hemorrhages, and even death. If you see it on the label, just don’t even go close to it.
There are a couple of reasons why you should avoid Synephrine. One reason is that while it’s okay to consume a little bit of this ingredient, taking too much can lead to an elevated heart rate and even fainting .
The second reason is that it can make you test positive on a drug test. If that’s something that you have to be concerned about for your job, you should definitely avoid any that contain Synephrine (also known as Bitter Orange Extract).
You may have an intolerance to dairy or to gluten, and while most fat burners for women don’t contain either, you want to always double check. This is why checking out labels and ingredients can be a good idea.
You don’t want to end up with adverse reactions because a manufacturer decided to put unnecessary fillers in their supplement. It is always best to buy clean products anyway, so avoid the options that are big on fillers and unnecessary ingredients.
The better products on the market won’t have these ingredients, especially those that are GMP certified or FDA approved.
If you’re checking out supplements that have yet to be approved, you may want to take your time reading the fine print before purchase. It is always better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to ones that you will regularly be taking.
Bottom Line: What Is The Best Fat Burner For Women?
With a wide range of options to choose from, how do you know which one to pick? While only you will know what is best for your body and needs, our personal advice would have to be LeanBean.
Why do we like it so much? The great thing about this option is that it was specifically designed for women. With a balanced formula created for your specific needs, you won’t have to worry about all the extras that won’t do anything good for you.
It does a good job of appetite suppression, so you may be sure to eat less and consume healthier foods while avoiding binge eating. It has also been known to be effective in helping women get rid of fat.
It is made from 12 ingredients that are all good for you and is high in antioxidants and vitamins. If you try to avoid eating foods and consuming products that are not vegan-friendly, you’ll appreciate that this one is.
The bottom line is that when it comes to the best fat burners for women, this one takes our top spot.
If you’ve tried any of these products then let us know in the website comments below or on our Facebook page.
1 – https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320625
2 – https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/007478.htm
3 – https://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-1-5
4 – https://www.everydayhealth.com/fitness/workouts/boost-your-energy-level-with-exercise.aspx
5 – https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=165516
6 – https://www.livescience.com/54248-controlling-your-hunger.html
7 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3679539/
8 – https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20110427/cayenne-pepper-may-burn-calories-curb-appetite
9 – https://www.psychologytoday.com/ie/blog/sleep-newzzz/201708/what-you-need-know-about-l-theanine
10 – https://examine.com/supplements/synephrine/