How much do you enjoy playing basketball? If you’re anything like I am, you probably play one or two games on a weekly basis and plenty of training and messing around in between.
Perhaps you’ve joined a team like I have. I love taking my hobby to another level and playing competitions is a great way to put into practice what I’ve learned playing with friends.
When it came to finding the right type of gear, I did have a bit of problem. I have pretty wide feet, so finding the right type of basketball shoes took some time. If this sounds familiar to you, then you know how frustrating it can be to get the right footwear.
Wearing the right type of wide basketball shoes that fit you well will not only help you to play comfortably but also help you to stay safe from injury.
The good news is that I’ve been where you are now and after much research, I came up with a list of my favorite shoes for wide feet. It’s very likely that you’ll find the best ones for you on this list, so you can get on the court as soon as possible with total comfort.
Our Top 10 Best Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet Recommendations
There are many more options but if you have wide feet, I think that you’ll like these picks. They combine style, good pricing, and best of all, comfort.
| #1 - Air Jordan XXXI || Very Cool Looking And Reliable||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - Under Armour Men's UA Fireshot || Durable And Reliable||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - NIKE Men's Lebron XIII || Plenty Of Support ||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 10 Best Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet Recommendations
- 1.1 1. Air Jordan XXXI: Very Cool Looking And Reliable
- 1.2 2. Under Armour Men's UA Fireshot: Durable And Reliable
- 1.3 3. NIKE Men's Lebron XIII: Plenty Of Support
- 1.4 4. Under Armour Men's Curry 3: Supportive and Stable
- 1.5 5. Adidas D Lillard 2: Comfortable And Reliable
- 1.6 6. Jordan Mens CP3.X: Great Traction
- 1.7 7. Men's Nike Hyperdunk 2017 TB: Great Cushioning
- 1.8 8. Adidas Men's D Rose 8: Stylish And Supportive
- 1.9 9. Adidas NEO Men's Cloudfoam Revival: Highly Comfortable And Cushioned
- 1.10 10. Under Armour Men's Drive 4: Very Cool Design
- 2 What Features You Need To Focus On
- 3 Problems Associated To Wide Feet
- 4 Conclusion
I love the look of these Air Jordans. As most people would agree, there is something so classic about this pair. While they are pricier than some other options, they offer both quality and aesthetics that you can’t find in just any pair.
With a synthetic upper and rubber sole, you can rest assured that they will offer you the durability that you need for basketball season. With a flexible flyweave forefront, you can maintain your motion while still having your feet protected during the game.
A unique feature that the Air Jordans have is their inner sleeve that allows the shoe to fit you perfectly. The heel area has foam pods that also provide great cushioning, which is helpful for keeping your feet pain-free during your game.
Overall, they are the best Jordans for wide feet.
- They a great looking pair of shoes.
- Thanks to their unique design, they can easily fit your feet size.
- With a reliable rubber outsole, you can get the grip and traction you need for basketball.
- They are designed with top materials, so you can trust in their durability.
- They offer great ankle support, which is always important for basketball players.
- They are pricier than some other options, which could affect you if you’re shopping on a budget.
- The sizing runs small, so consider this before choosing your pair.
These eye-catching shoes have a stylish design but offer so much more than just their looks. With a durable outsole made from rubber, you can depend on these shoes for your basketball season. The outsole offer provides excellent traction for the basketball court, as well. The EVA rubber midsole provides cushioning and comfort, so your feet don’t get tired and stay protected from impact.
The molded Micro G sockliner is good for providing you with a good fit and because they’re made from a combination synthetic, they can stay in good shape for a long time. They also offer great breathability, making them ideal for warmer months.
The high-top design provides decent ankle support, although they would be even better if they have straps. Designed with wide-feet in mind, you can still get the great style that you love without sacrificing comfort.
- They are available in many different colors, so you can choose your favorite one.
- They are wide enough for people with wide feet and provide plenty of room, so you don’t have to worry about them being too snug.
- They have a bold, eye-catching design that will make you stand out on the court.
- They offer good quality without a huge price tag, which is always a great deal.
- They have ideal cushioning, so you can be sure that your feet stay comfortable and protected during your game.
- They could use more ankle support, especially for those who need optimal support for basketball.
- They don’t include straps for adjusting the tightness, which is a feature that helps a lot in basketball shoes.
If you’ve been looking for a shoe that looks like it can take on whatever is thrown its way, it would be the NIKE Lebrons XIII. With a high-top design, your ankle is embraced by the shoe, so you don’t have to worry too much about ankle turns or sprains. The laces also go all the way up, so you can adjust the tightness around your ankle.
The one-piece mesh upper allows for breathability, so you can depend on them for warm months when needed. The foam lined collar adds extra comfort to an already comfortable shoe. With a pull tab, you can take them off as fast as needed.
The exterior on these NIKEs is much more solid than what many people are used to, but helps to provide added protection. It doesn’t make much different in their weight, so you don’t have to worry about being weighed down.
- They are great for ankle support and protection, thanks to the laces and high-top design.
- They look cool and stylish for those who love a good pair of basketball NIKEs.
- The rubber outsole is durable and helps with traction during the game.
- They are light and responsive, so you can be sure that you’ll maintain your speed on the court.
- They have great breathability, so your feet can stay cool during summer games.
- They may feel restrictive to some people, because of their structured design.
- Their snug design may cause friction for some people’s feet, which can become quite uncomfortable.
These shoes will provide people with wide feet the comfort they’ve been searching for. Available in several different colors and color combinations, there are plenty of options for you, no matter what you prefer.
Made from mesh materials, you can be sure that your feet will stay cool during the summer months. To ensure your stability on your court, this Under Armour pair have a carbon fiber shank. With charged cushioning technology, your feet will stay protected from impact, thanks to the shock absorption that it provides.
The rubber outsole is durable and because of its unique multi-directional pattern, they provide you with the ideal traction needed for basketball games.
- They provide stability and support, which are both necessary components to a good basketball shoe.
- They provide plenty of room for people with wide feet, making them ideal for bigger feet.
- They provide enough cushioning to keep your feet safe from too much impact.
- They provide good protection for your ankle area, which is always a plus in any basketball shoe.
- They are made from breathable materials, so you can play comfortably in them without worrying about your feet getting soaked with sweat.
- They aren’t as durable as some similar options, so you may want to consider this before purchase.
- The sizing runs big, so be aware when purchasing your pair.
For those who aren’t crazy about playing in super high-top shoes, you’ll like this adidas pair. Yet even though they don’t cover your ankles as entirely as some other options do, they still provide great support throughout the shoe.
With a synthetic upper, you can rest assured that these shoes will stay durable throughout your basketball season. The tough material also helps to provide your feet with added protection. Because you want your shoes to last, you’ll appreciate that they are abrasion resistant.
With a breathable design, you can stay cool during a heated game. With traditional lacing, you can adjust the tightness of your shoe for a snug fit. A seamless tongue helps to make the overall experience of using the D Lillards a more comfortable one. The rubber outsole also helps them to stay durable and in good condition throughout the season.
- They are available in different colors, so you can choose the one that best suits your outfit.
- They have a very comfortable tongue that doesn’t irritate your skin.
- They have a special TORSION system that helps to keep your arches pain free and comfortable.
- The sock lining inside the shoe helps you to get a snug and comfortable fit, which will help to keep you safe during your games.
- They are reasonably priced, so you don’t have to break the bank to get a good pair of shoes.
- The traction on the outsole isn’t as good as what can be found in some other options, so you may want to consider this before buying.
- The sizing is a bit off and they run big, so make sure to consider your measurements before purchase.
These are some tight shoes that will have you looking stylish on the court. What about their performance? After all, as beautiful as a shoe is, you want it to be functional as well. With a thick and stable outsole with a unique pattern, you can depend on these shoes for their traction during your basketball game.
The unique Zoom pods provide cushioning, although it isn’t as soft as some people would like. With a partial rubber upper, these shoes promise durability and protection and also help to keep your foot well-positioned. This adds to them being a safe shoe for basketball games. The other material used for the upper is soft yet sturdy, so you don’t have to worry about it tearing anytime soon.
The lacing on these Jordans is great as it connects to the shoe tongue, which allows you to adjust the tightness for your protection. For their price, they provide the quality and dependability that you may be looking for.
- They are aesthetically pleasing, so you can feel stylish while playing your favorite game.
- They provide adjustability in the lacing system, so you can always get the perfect fit.
- They are made from strong, durable materials, so you can depend on them for a long time to come.
- They are reasonably priced and for their looks and functionality are a great deal.
- The outsole on these Jordans is highly durable and provides good traction.
- The cushioning isn’t as great as some would like but it is present.
- Some people don’t like how snug the shoe is at the forefoot.
These Hyperdunks will have you looking like you’re walking on air and maybe even feeling like it, as well. With Nike React cushioning, they’re comfortable and responsive, which is beneficial in protecting your feet in a game.
With a mesh upper, you can be sure that your feet will stay cool, no matter the weather. The outsole design has a unique pattern that helps to provide underfoot traction, which is always a plus for basketball players.
If you like having options in colors, you’ll appreciate that this shoe is available in many different ones. With a sturdy construction, you can be sure that these shoes will provide you with the stability you need during your basketball games.
- They are comfortable and cushioned, so your feet won’t get achy during your games.
- They are breathable and cool, making them ideal for summer games.
- They are available in different colors, making them perfect for matching with your outfits.
- They have ideal underfoot traction, which is always important for basketball games.
- They are made to last, which means that you can depend on them for months and even years to come.
- The sizing runs small, so be aware before purchase.
- They take a couple of days to break in, so you may need to use them a bit before you use them for your games.
If looks were what I would base my opinion of basketball shoes on, these would be a definite winner. Unfortunately, I’m all about functionality too. The good news is that these adidas do offer some top features that make them a reliable option for many.
For example, the high-top design provides great support for your ankles, which is always important for basketball players—especially if you’ve had injured ankles in the past. Made with a textile and synthetic upper, they won’t give up the ghost anytime soon.
The rubber sole is dependable and durable, while the traction pattern is designed to provide you with sufficient grip on the court. The integrated lace cord also works wonders for achieving the perfect fit for you. They have a great look and a decent price, so if you’re looking for a stylish shoe, these could be the ones for you.
- They have great cushioning that helps to protect your feet from impact during a game.
- They look great, so they are perfect for the fashion conscious player.
- They have a durable rubber outsole, so you can keep using them for months to come.
- They provide a great midfoot lockdown, which is helpful in keeping your foot safe and in place.
- They provide dependable ankle support, so you can avoid injury.
- They don’t offer as much grip as some other shoes, so you’ll want to consider this before purchase.
- The sizing runs big, so be aware of measurements before purchase.
If you’re looking for comfort and cushioning, the Cloudfoam shoes may be ideal for you. The woven mesh upper offers both durability and breathability. With a heel strap and textile lining, these adidas have unique features that aren’t often seen on many shoes.
With a Dual Layer sockliner that has memory foam and cloud foam, you can rest assured that you’ll get the cushioning you’ll need with this shoe. The outsole has both cloudfoam and rubber inserts, which means that you’ll get both durability and shock absorption from these shoes.
As cushioned as they are, you don’t have to worry that they’ll sacrifice support. They are just as stable as any other basketball shoe you may be looking into, but with added comfort. They are also lightweight, which helps to add to their comfort.
- The cushioning on these NEOs makes them highly comfortable to play in.
- They are made from durable and reliable materials, so you can depend on them for your basketball season.
- They are great for people with wide feet, as they are one of the few types of basketball shoes that offer such width.
- They are stylish and comfortable without sacrificing optimal functionality, making them an attractive buy for many.
- They are stable and supportive enough for use when playing basketball, so you don’t have to be concerned about injury.
- They tend to get scuffed easily due to their design and materials.
- The foam cushioning tends to wear out over time, but is pretty reliable for in the beginning.
These Under Armour shoes look beautiful but unfortunately, they don’t provide as much functionality as my favorite picks above. With that being said, they are still dependable enough for playing with friends.
They have a molded ankle collar that helps to keep your ankles safe during the game. It also allows for a more snug fit, so you can avoid sprains during quick transitions. The heel counter also offers support and helps to keep your feet in place during the game.
With a toe wrap design, you get great forefoot flexibility while also protecting yourself. The lacing goes all the way to the top of the shoe, so you can always adjust them to the best fit for you. They are reasonably priced and offer decent traction, although not the best. If in a pinch, these shoes could work for you.
- They are a nice looking pair of shoes, so if you’re all about style, these could work for you.
- They are sturdy enough to keep you safe while playing basketball.
- These shoes have a protective ankle collar which is helpful in keeping your ankles safe while on the court.
- They are not as expensive as some other options, so are an ideal option for those on a budget.
- They are relatively comfortable, so you can keep your feet pain-free while playing.
- They aren’t as durable as some other shoes on my list, so you may want to consider these before purchase.
- The sizing runs small, so you’ll want to be careful when choosing your size.
What Features You Need To Focus On
These above-mentioned shoes are some of the best wide high top basketball shoes around. If you’re someone who needs extra wide basketball shoes, this list is a good place to start. Of course, you’ll want to do your own research before making a decision and understanding which features to look for is important for doing just that. Consider the following features before purchase:
When you play basketball, you expose your feet to heavy impact. From landing from high dunking jumps to simply running down the court, your feet are exposed to danger at all times while playing.
Cushioning helps to keep your feet comfortable as you play and it also acts a shock absorption for those times of impact. While some people can’t play with too much cushion, you definitely always want to have enough to keep your feet comfortable and protected. Consider what level of cushioning that you like best before buying your pair of shoes and then look for the one that provides you with the comfort you want.
If you have wide feet, it can be a challenge to find shoes that fit you well. Not many shoes are designed with wide feet in mind but fortunately, I’ve done the footwork of helping you find some good options.
Many of these shoes have some type of feature that allows you to adjust the fit, from socklining to laces, you can make sure that they can be adjusted to your perfect size when needed.
Because of the fast moves and transitions in basketball, you don’t want your feet moving all over the place, so it’s important to make sure that you get the right fit in your basketball shoes.
From grip to durability, the outsole is very important to pay attention to. You want the outsole to stand up to many games indoors or outdoors, as well as provide you with the traction needed for the court. You don’t want to slip on the court and you want to be able to transition when needed without having to worry about falling easily.
Many good outsoles are made from rubber and have some type of multi-directional pattern. So, when shopping for basketball shoes, pay attention to the outsoles before you buy your pair.
Again, because of the nature of the sport of basketball, you want support in your shoe. From heels to ankles, the shoe that you buy should provide you with the protection and stability needed for the game.
This is one reason why many basketball shoes are a high-top design. This allows you to lace up or adjust straps around your ankles for a snug and reliable fit. You also want to be sure that the option you want provides support throughout the whole shoe.
Some designs are flimsy on the mid-foot, which is something that you want to pay attention to. If you land hard on the side of your foot and the shoe isn’t reliable, you could end up with a serious injury. Support is a must when it comes to basketball shoes.
Along with the support provided by the shoe, it’s important to understand what materials they are made from. They can promise all of the support in the world but if they aren’t made from strong, durable materials, the shoes could end up getting torn or damaged easily—which could be detrimental if it’s during a game.
Also consider their breathability and overall stitching and construction. Remember, stability and sturdiness is key in a new pair of basketball shoes.
Problems Associated To Wide Feet
The first problem one would have with wide feet is how challenging it can be to find a pair of shoes that fits you well. Beyond this issue, there are also some painful problems associated to wide feet.
If you’re someone with wide feet, you may be familiar with them. The most common ones are:
- Bunions are very common on people with wide feet. This is due to the fact that it can be challenging for them to find shoes that fit correctly. When someone wears shoes that are too tight, bunions usually appear. They are not only unsightly but they are also painful, which is one important reason why you should choose basketball shoes carefully. Sometimes bunions have to be surgically removed when they get too big, so whatever you do, don’t make tight shoes a habit for you.
- You have flat feet. Wide feet are usually found on people with flat feet. Flat feet in itself can be a painful condition and especially so if you’re not wearing the proper kind of shoes. So, if you have flat feet, take special care in finding the right type of shoes for your needs. Along with needing to find shoes designed for wide feet, also consider finding a pair that helps to eliminate pain in problem areas.
- Corns are unsightly and irritating. While not the most painful condition in the world, corns are certainly not something that you want to be boasting about. Avoid getting them from wearing shoes that are too tight by looking for a pair that fits you well. With time and repeated rubbing, corns can grow larger, so if you’re all about showing your feet in the summer, avoid making them hard to look at with your basketball shoes.
- It could be genetic. There are many causes behind wide feet and also problems associated to them. In some people’s cases, your wide feet are from your parents. There isn’t much you can do about their width, so instead of struggling with the fact that you were born with wide feet, try to find the right pair for you.
My list of top ten shoes should have something for you. If you’re concerned about them being wide enough for your feet and want to be sure to avoid issues related to wide feet, you could consider ordering customized shoes.
It may not be everyone’s first choice but in the end, your feet health is worth the extra time, research, and possibly investment in a pair that is designed specifically for you.
If you’re a person with wide feet, you may have found yourself here because you’re tired of ordering, ordering, and re-ordering shoes for wide feet. While these aren’t ideal for people with abnormally wide feet, if you find that most average shoes just don’t cut it for you, these could help.
From stylish Nikes to classic adidas shoes, there is something for every style of basketball player. From high-tops to medium-tops, there is a variety in heel-to-shaft measurements. What are you looking for?
Whichever shoe is your favorite pick, don’t forget to pay attention to the top features you should consider before purchase. After all, you want to get the perfect pair for your basketball games, so choose wisely.