Are you looking for a way to work out better and you’re thinking of investing in some weights? Great idea! Weights are important for toning muscle and increasing strength, and help you to lose pounds faster. In fact, many trainers encourage the use of weights in some way.
If you’re looking to do strength training, you may want to consider using adjustable ankle weights. They can help you to burn more calories while also providing you with the benefits from weight training, without you having to lift heavy gear.
If you’re someone who has never used weights before, the thought can be daunting, which is why this type of gear could be ideal for you.
If you want to add more to your time at the gym and reap more benefits, investing in wrist and ankle weights is a good idea. Or, if you need to increase bone density and get stronger with light weights, these may be the best option for your workout.
With an abundance of workout gear to choose from, it can be tricky to decide on just one pair. The following reviews will give you an idea of what to look for while shopping for cheap yet good products. ankle
Our Top 10 Best Ankle Weight Recommendations
We haven’t used all the ankle weights to be found on the market, but these options are a good start for you. You’ll find both quality and decent prices, as well as attractive features in the following options. You’ll hopefully find something perfect for your needs.
| #1 - REEHUT Durable Ankle/Wrist Weights || Versatile And Durable ||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - Da Vinci Adjustable || Lightweight And Comfortable||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - Gaiam Fitness Ankle Weights || Snug Fit||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top 10 Best Ankle Weight Recommendations
- 1.1 1. REEHUT Durable Ankle/Wrist Weights: Versatile And Durable
- 1.2 2. Da Vinci Adjustable: Good Color Options
- 1.3 3. Gaiam Fitness Ankle Weights: Snug Fit
- 1.4 4. A2ZCARE Ankle Weight: With Plenty Of Padding
- 1.5 5. Healthy Model Life - 1lb, 2lb, 5lb and 8lb Sets: Durable And Reliable
- 1.6 6. Sportneer Adjustable Ankle Weights Set: Ideal For Changing Up Weight
- 1.7 7. Nordic Lifting: Good Adjustability
- 1.8 8. Fitnessery Leg Weights: Great Instructions
- 1.9 9. SHOUNg Reflective Ankle/Wrist Weights: Soft And Smooth
- 1.10 10. BalanceFrom GoFit
- 2 What Features You Need To Focus On
- 3 Conclusion
No matter what type of exercise you do, these are ideal for anything from jogging to gymnastics. Available in a broad variety of colors, you can mix and match, or pick the color that best suits your workout gear.
Better than that, they are made from mercerized cotton that allows breathability. This is an attractive feature for those in warm climates who exercise outside. The Velcro closure allows you to adjust them to the perfect size for you. It also keeps them secure, so you can use them while doing cardio.
They are filled with iron, which helps to add enough resistance for your exercise. They are available in different pound options, so you can choose the weight that works best for your goals. The REEHUTs stay in place and don’t bounce around, which is extremely helpful for you to enjoy a smooth and comfortable workout.
- They are made of breathable material, so you don’t get too hot using them in the summer
- They have a great closure made from Velcro, so you can easily adjust them
- They don’t bounce around, so you can comfortably workout and move with them on
- You can choose from a variety of pounds, so whether you want to use 1lb weights or 5lbs, you can
- They offer great quality for an accessible price, making them a good option
- The weighted part may feel too short and uncomfortable for some
- They have a strong chemical smell when they first arrive, which could be annoying for some
These are both attractive and easy-to-use. Unlike some weights that can be a bit bulky and annoying to wear, these weights have a sleek design that feels and looks good. They are available in a variety of bright colors that are fun and attractive.
Not only can these weights be used on your ankles, but you can also use them on your wrists. With a soft interior, they are comfortable to wear, but not only that, it also absorbs moisture. This helps to keep them free of odors and dry as you work out.
The adjustable Velcro bands are helpful, as you can easily adjust them to your size. Getting the perfect fit on your gear is important for your comfort and to avoid them bouncing. You can also choose the weight that is right for you. Whether you want to use 4lbs or 5 for your exercise routine, the Da Vinci are available in 6 different options. If you want a pair of weights that are easy to use and affordable, consider these ones.
- They are lightweight, making them ideal for travel
- They are available in several different pound options, so you can choose the pair that is best for your routine
- They absorb moisture, so you don’t have to worry about sweating with them on
- They are easy to adjust with Velcro strips, so you can make sure to get the perfect fit
- They have soft material on the inside, so you can use them with or without socks and still be comfortable
- They aren’t the best for those who have very slim ankles or wrists, due to their size
- They aren’t as durable as some other options, so you may want to consider this factor
The Gaiam have a unique design that helps to keep the weights close to your ankle, which is beneficial in avoiding bounce. They are also easy to adjust, so you can get a snug fit. With 2.5 lbs in each, they are light enough to carry with you while traveling but still make a difference in your workout.
They are very easy to put on and take off, so you don’t have to fuss around with straps and buckles. Designed to last, you can depend on their quality for months to come. They aren’t bulky and won’t get in the way.
If you don’t need to adjust them, these are ideal for people who want to use weights while walking or running errands. They can also be used to help you put more effort into certain exercise routines. They aren’t for pro-athletes, but if you’re looking for a simple pair of weights at a decent price, these could work well for you.
- Their lightness makes them ideal for those who want to use them while walking or for low impact exercise
- They are made from quality materials, so you can trust in their durability
- They are comfortable to wear and don’t bounce around
- They aren’t bulky, which makes them easy to wear under pants if you want to
- They are ideal for beginners, who want to start off with light weights
- They may be a bit too small for those with larger ankles, so check out measurements before purchase
- They may not be heavy enough for some people’s preferences
Available in a variety of colors, as well as weight, these A2ZCARE allow you to pick the perfect option for your exercise routine. If you want to add more weight to your leg day workout, you can easily choose an amount that will aid in your toning exercises with this option.
The fabric is breathable and elastic, which helps to keep you cool, and also provides you with a more comfortable fit. They are filled with soft mixed sand, which is better for some people’s preferences.
The weights have a strap and metal loop, which helps to make it easy to adjust them to your size. You can use them in the water, so if you like to do aquatic exercises for your routine, they can work well.
They don’t bounce easily, so you can use them for anything from jumping to jogging, or even just walking with ankle weights. If you’re looking for a comfortable and versatile option for your routine, consider these fairly priced ones.
- This option is available in a variety of colors and weight, making them a great option for those who need versatility
- They offer quality for an affordable price, making them a great deal
- They stay snug and can be adjusted, thanks to their unique straps
- They can be used in water, making them ideal for those who do pool workouts
- The Velcro works well, so you can depend on the straps for many months
- Some people would appreciate instructions, which don’t come included
- The straps are irritating and brush your skin, making them a bit uncomfortable to wear without socks
If you want to depend on an option that has been relied on by models, consider using the Healthy Model Life weights. They have a sure-stay grip that helps to keep the weights snug enough to prevent bounce. The extra strong Velcro also ensures that you don’t have to adjust them while you’re in the middle of working out.
You can even use them for your wrists or even for bicep workouts. Because of their unique design, they offer versatile usage for the woman who wants to stay fit. With extra padding, they won’t irritate your skin, which is often a downside to ankle weight designs.
Their double-stitching technique ensures that they will last longer than most, which is always important for home-use. They are available with different weight, so you can choose the one that is ideal for your exercise needs.
- This option promises durability due to their double-stitch design
- They are comfortable to wear and won’t irritate your skin, which is always an attractive feature
- Their unique sure-stay design keeps you free from bouncing and allows for easy adjustability
- They can be adjusted to fit very slim ankles, which is something that isn’t always found in this type of gear
- They are ideal for people who want to build up to use heavier ones for their routine
- Their design may feel too bulky for some people’s preferences, so consider this before purchase
- They are pricier than many other options, which may not be ideal for some people
These weights have just enough weight for you to feel the burn. They can also be adjusted for you to increase the resistance for your workouts. If you’re just starting out using weights for exercise, these are a perfect option for you.
The Velcro straps are easy to adjust, so matter what size your ankle is, you’ll be able to make the Sportneers fit. They also have reinforced stitching, so you can trust that they won’t easily tear.
With cushion and padding for comfort, the weight area doesn’t irritate your skin. The neoprene exterior helps add to breathability and durability and also feels soft and comfortable to wear.
- They have strong Velcro straps with a loop, making them easy to adjust to your size
- You can add and adjust the pounds, so that you can get the perfect amount for your workout
- The padding is comfortable on your skin
- The reinforced stitching means that they will last for quite a while
- They offer quality for an inexpensive price, making them an attractive option for many
- Because they only cover part of your ankle, the strap area is a bit irritating
- Some people may not like that they have sand instead of iron for weight
If you’re someone who uses weights for jogging, you’ll appreciate the reflective details on this pair. It’s also an option that allows for both use on the ankles and wrists. If you’re concerned about durability, you’ll like the fact that these weights have reinforced stitching.
The weight area has plenty of padding, which helps to keep you comfortable while wearing them. The strap with a metal loop ensures that they stay in place. The large Velcro pad helps to make it easy to adjust the sizing, so that they will always feel snug and bounce-free.
This option includes a carry bag, so you can easily bring them with you to the gym. They also include an instructions manual, so you can make sure that you’re wearing and caring for them properly. They aren’t as cheap as other options, but they do offer durability so you can use them for quite a while.
- They are easy to put on and take off, which is always an attractive feature for any workout gear
- They can adjust easily to almost any size, so you can wear them on your arm, ankles, or wrists
- The loop and Velcro closure help to ensure that you can have a bounce-free workout
- The weight section is padded, which helps to keep you comfortable while working out
- This option includes both a carry bag and instructions, which is helpful and unique
- The color isn’t the best as sweat and grime tends to show up easily
- They have an odd smell when they first arrive, which could be annoying for some
At 2lbs, these can help you add a bit of “umph” to your workout without being too heavy. They are extra-long, which some people prefer, and their unique design is both comfortable and stays secure as you exercise.
The Fitnessery also includes a mesh storage bag, as well as an E-book, which can help you learn helpful exercises for your routine. The Velcro strap doesn’t open easily, so you can trust that they won’t come loose. This is ideal for when you want to do some running with ankle weights.
Made from anti-chafing Neoprene fabric, this option won’t irritate you as you move. They also have equal distribution of weight around your ankle or wrist, for better and more accurate toning. To help keep you safe as you exercise outdoors, the reflective trim is a very useful feature.
- They are soft to wear and can be worn with or without socks
- They have equal distribution in the entire design, so you can be sure that you are getting the best work out results
- They stay secure, even during high-intensity activities, making them ideal for anything from running to walking
- They aren’t too bulky, so they are easier to wear and more attractive
- They are made from durable materials, so you can trust that they will last for quite a while
- Some people may not like how long these weights are, as they may feel like they get in the way
- They aren’t as aesthetically pleasing as other designs, which could be an issue for some people
If you’re searching for an option that won’t irritate your skin as you work out, consider the SHOUNg weights. They are made from Neoprene that won’t bother you, no matter the weather. It is also helps to keep your skin free from irritation, which is common with other options made from different materials.
If you’re worried about durability, you’ll appreciate the fact that they have reinforced stitching. They are also padded, so you can be sure that you won’t feel pressure from the weights themselves.
If you want to make sure that you can adjust them to your size, the loop and Velcro strap allows for secure tightening. This not only helps you get it to your perfect size, but also allows for a more snug fit, so they won’t slip.
- The Velcro strap and loop allow for easy adjusting and a secure fit, which makes them useful for high-intensity sports
- The material is nice and soft, so you won’t be irritated by them while exercising
- They are easy to put on and take off, which is helpful when using them for different routines at the gym
- The reinforced stitching helps to keep them strong through months of use
- They are heavy enough to aid in calorie burning, making them ideal for those who want to lose weight
- The metal loop tends to rub against skin, so you may want to wear high socks with them
- They may be too big for some people’s wrists, but work well for most ankle sizes
Available in different colors, you can wear your favorite option that combines with the rest of your exercise gear. They can be used in cross-training or aerobics, thanks to the Velcro pad that helps them to fit securely. They have a metal loop which helps you to be able to easily tighten them to the perfect size for comfortable wear.
Made from a neoprene exterior, they are soft and comfortable to wear. They are also available in various weight levels, so you can choose the option that will work best for your goals. You could even choose a couple of pairs, depending on your routine. They are easy to take off and put on, so you can easily switch up during your work out.
This design has reinforced stitching which helps them to last longer. If you want to stand out from the rest with eye catching colors, these could be the weights for you.
- They offer good quality for an affordable price
- They are available in different weight levels, so you can choose the options that are best for your needs
- The colors are eye-catching and bright, providing you with the variety to choose your preference
- They are easy to adjust and won’t slip around during running or aerobics
- They won’t irritate your skin, thanks to a soft interior
- They are a bit bulky, which makes them difficult to wear under pants
- The buckle tends to irritate some people, due to it’s placement on this design
What Features You Need To Focus On
Every person has a unique style of working out and exercising. Many people prefer running while others like doing aerobics. No matter what style of exercise you may have, there are some things to consider before buying the best ankle weights for you. Consider the following features before purchase:
There are many reasons why you want to pay attention to the strap. One, you need to make sure that it can adjust to your size and two, you’ll want to make sure that it won’t irritate you. Rough materials can irritate your skin. Imagine the mixture of sweat and motion with the material rubbing against you as you exercise.
You also want to be careful of the placement of the metal loop on some options. While it’s helpful in keeping the strap adjusted, if your skin is exposed to it, it could be uncomfortable for you. So, when shopping, check for adjustability and fit, to ensure a comfortable experience that is bounce-free.
Along with finding the right strap, you want to make sure that the size of the product is designed for your ankle width. Some options aren’t that big and while they may fit slimmer uses, if you have bigger bones, you may find that they don’t fit around as they should.
Alternatively, if you have very slim wrists or ankles, you may discover that many ankle weights are too big, even when adjusted as small as can be. Pay attention to reviews and measurements to determine if an option is right for you.
Remember that these will be worn throughout the year. This means that you could use them during the summer. If they are made of materials that don’t absorb sweat or don’t allow breathability, you could find yourself with soaking weights and very hot ankles.
You also want to pay attention to how soft the material is. Unless you’re committed to wearing high socks under them to avoid irritation, material is very important. If not soft enough, it can cause rashes or irritate you beyond measure during your exercise. Breathability and comfort are important. While looking at materials, also check out the stitching. Not every pair has double-stitching. Because of the weight, this kind of gear tends to break quickly. If you want them to last for a while, make sure that they have been designed with durability in mind.
This is very important for you to pay attention to when choosing a pair. You want to make sure you get the right pound level for your fitness goals. If they are too heavy, you may end up causing yourself injury. If they are too light, you may not see much progress in your goals, making them useless.
If you want to build up to higher weight, you could consider investing in a pair that allows for you to change up weights, although these are usually more challenging to find.
While some have sand in them or some other type of stuffing, many actually have iron in them. Imagine how they would feel hitting your ankles as you jog or do any kind of fast exercise.
This is why you want to look for padding when shopping for your weights. If you plan to do running with ankle weights, you don’t want to end up with dark bruises around your ankles because of a lack of protection.
Of course, be careful with how much padding they have. Sometimes they may have too much which makes them look bulky and difficult to hide. This can be an issue if you like to wear them on the job or while you’re out and about running errands in the city.
Who Can Use Ankle Weights
Ankle weights can be highly beneficial for your workout routine, but you want to be careful. For some people, they can be especially beneficial for strengthening bone density. Some elderly people like to use them to keep their bones strong.
For people who enjoy walking as their form of exercise, using weights can help to provide you with more benefits. It can help you to build strength and even aid in burning calories. They can also help joggers who want to train for races or marathons, etc, but with that being said, people should exercise caution. It’s typically suggested that those who want to do any kind of cardiovascular exercise should avoid using more than 3 lbs.
Also, if you suffer from joint pains or lower body health issues, you’ll want to check with your medical provider. You could end up causing more harm to your body if you use weights with some type of condition.
If you want to add to your routine at the gym where you will be stationary and not doing any high-intensity movement and workouts, heavier options can help. It’s important to also keep your gear secure so that you avoid hurting yourself. You will also want to check with your doctor if you happen to have issues with your knees. Extra weight can be harmful if you already have weak knees and enjoy running as your main form of exercise.
If you are okay without join issues or knee pain, you could greatly benefit from adding a bit of extra pounds to your fitness routine. They can help you to run faster, have more toned muscles, and be stronger than ever before.
For those who can wear these kinds of weights safely, the above options are some of the best on the market. As long as your doctor has given you the go ahead to exercise using weights, you can now choose from a myriad of options available at Amazon.
Whether you like bold colors that look good with your outfit or you want a pair that allow you to adjust the weight, there is something for everyone on our list above. From cheap options that won’t break the bank to fancy designs that look like they belong on models, you can pick the pair that is best for you.
Which pair do you like best? Have you found an option that could work well for you? More than anything, pay attention to how well they fit and how long they will last. Invest in the right option for you and you won’t have to go shopping for ankle weights for a long time. Happy exercising!